• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rkh1942

rkh1942

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

I just received my RM 4CD and I tried to watch the video tutorial and all I could get was the audio. I am running Vista Home . Thanks for any help.

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3372 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(rkh1942 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:07 AM) View Post

I just received my RM 4CD and I tried to watch the video tutorial and all I could get was the audio. I am running Vista Home . Thanks for any help.

Undoubtedly a codec issue (tells media player how to read the file), I don't have the video tutorials but look at the file extension, search google for that, vista, codec problem and you should find a download to update media player.

“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” -Bill Gates

It's now time for discretion, trust, patience and support

User of Rootsmagic 7.5.9, Family Historian 6.2.7, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(rkh1942 @ Apr 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

How did you access the Tutorial?

Did it autorun when put into the CD tray?

My CD is not running automatically probably due to the default settings on my Vista computer, so I accessed the CD directory tree in Windows Explorer.

I clicked on Autorun.exe from the CD Root directory and choose View Video Tutorial. This started the tutorial in Camtasia Player with picture and sound.

Also, in the Tour folder are two files:
CamPlay.exe which is the exe file for Camtasia Player and RootsMagicTour.avi

If I click on CamPlay.exe, Camtasia Player opens. I can go to File, Open and select the RootsMagic Tour.avi file and the tutorial plays with picture and sound.

If I just click on the .avi file without running the Camtasia Player first, only the sound plays.

Laura

----

Fixed the Autorun problem by changing the setting in the Software and Games menu on the Control Panel>Hardware and Sound. Ran tutorial and had picture and sound.

#4 rkh1942

rkh1942

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Laura @ Apr 17 2009, 05:00 AM) View Post

My CD is not running automatically probably due to the default settings on my Vista computer, so I accessed the CD directory tree in Windows Explorer.

I clicked on Autorun.exe from the CD Root directory and choose View Video Tutorial. This started the tutorial in Camtasia Player with picture and sound.

If I click on CamPlay.exe, Camtasia Player opens. I can go to File, Open and select the RootsMagic Tour.avi file and the tutorial plays with picture and sound.

If I just click on the .avi file without running the Camtasia Player first, only the sound plays.

Laura

----

Fixed the Autorun problem by changing the setting in the Software and Games menu on the Control Panel>Hardware and Sound. Ran tutorial and had picture and sound.

QUOTE(Laura @ Apr 17 2009, 05:00 AM) View Post

Laura

----

Thanks,

I was able to make it work based on your information.

Richard