• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GarySchulz

GarySchulz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:57 AM

I know a nitpick when I see one, and this is one. Forgive me. On the other hand, Bruce, this is only my first complaint to you since finally upgrading from FO-10 last week. Having been with you for the entirety of your journey here from FO Release 1 for DOS, you know I love your program.

You point at an unmarried child and either (1) press the Family icon on the toolbar, or (2) right-click and choose one of the "Edit Family" options. This produces a silly error message that says "You must first highlight a parent to edit a family." Grump. You can right-click "view family" but you can't "edit family."

Since there is no ambiguity of intent in this action, seems to me the program should be able to handle it without a fingerslap. Short of that, if the program really can't handle the circumstance, the button and the menu items should be greyed-out to prevent them from being selected.

BTW, I object to being identified on here as a "newbie."

..Gary

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

Quit pickin nits! wink.gif

If you post four more messages here you will be promoted to "Member."

And when you post something like 25 or30 you become an "Advanced member"
That doesn't necessarily mean that you know anything, just that you havenít anything better to do than post notes on these boards.

Alfred

#3 GarySchulz

GarySchulz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

Oh, I see. So I can become an advanced member by picking 25-30 nits! laugh.gif Great, I can do that!