1 reply to this topic

#1 JeffH13

JeffH13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

I realize it's late in the game for this type of suggestion, and the subject of source templates has been discussed. I know some folks have requested that addtional templates be included for such things as parish registers or what-have-you.

With Mills' first book Evidence, there were a large, but finite number of source types defined, and the RM templates addressed several. With her latest tome, Evidence Explained, well, WOW! I don't know how RM could hope to capture a chunk of those source varieties.

Would it be conceivable to allow the RM user to construct his/her own templates within the program? Clicking on the source Wizard could bring up a list of predefined templates as now exists. But would also allow for creation of user-defined templates that are of interest to each individual user. It would allow say up to 10 fields (or whatever makes sense) which the user could label (Author: Title: etc). Just as it does now, the source tool glues together the fields with commas for the reference note and periods for the bibliography. The user could edit the template definition, but previously created sources would not change. It's is a construction tool, not a database.

Jeff

#2 sdla2

sdla2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

Yes Please!

Being a UK user I find that the built-in templates do not cover the format of UK sources. I make do with one of the predefined templates whose foramt i like, but have to change the text.

Creating my own templates (like user-defined facts), would be great!!!