• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alaskalady

alaskalady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

Family Origins had a report/list of folks that were not linked to the main body of the genealogy, but I cannot find that feature in RM..... Would it be possible to add it or is there another option?

For example, I have a family listed, then discover that the wife, children, and wife's ancestors are not correct. I unlink the husband from his wife. This in effect leaves the wife, children, and her ancestors as an unlinked, separate, small database within the main database. This separate database may consist of 10 people or 100 people...... I want to delete them, but first want to make double sure that none of them tie back into the main database. This is easy if there are just a few people involved, but can be a nighmare with 100, especially if they are all distant collateral lines anyway and you don't recognize any names.

I just love RM and used Family Origins for many, many years. Any advice/suggestions on this situation?? Thank you!

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:06 AM

Tools > Count trees in Database.

Deleting people in a branch is difficult, at best.
You could export everyone in your main tree to a GEDCOM file and import that file into a new, empty database. (After you have the branch unlinked, of course.)
Alfred