• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waggadee

waggadee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:16 AM

When trying to burn a shareable CD this week, I had laboured through setting up the introductory page and started to burn the CD. Near the end of the burning, I got an error message saying the burn had failed, so I started again. This happened about 6 times on two computers, and I finally opted to use my own software to burn the CD. Straight away, I got the message that there was too much data to fit on the CD.
WHY couldn't RootsMagic have done this before I wasted 6 Cds?
Each time I restarted, I had to type in all my contact information and the introduction to the CD.
WHY couldn't RootsMagic save and load this info for me?
mad.gif

#2 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:36 AM

Had you considered writing to the hard drive after the first failure? I'm not trying to be smart here, just curious. If writing to hard drive, then to CD, did that software tell you right up front you had too much data?
JIM.B.NH

#3 sdla2

sdla2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE(waggadee @ Nov 2 2006, 05:16 AM) View Post

...Each time I restarted, I had to type in all my contact information and the introduction to the CD.
WHY couldn't RootsMagic save and load this info for me?...

I too would like the shareable CD option to retain the information you enter for the introductory page etc, and display it next time you run the wizard.

As an aside I have saved my introduction in a text file, so I only have to copy and paste next time I do a CD, but it would be useful for RM to do it automatically.

Simon