• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ripr

ripr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:47 PM

I would like to be able to provide a more legilible chart when using the RM Chart generator to Export>(6 choices). The file conversion process seems to dilute the resolution of the print substantially producing a very blurry export file in any of the six formats.

Can anybody suggest a work-around? I would love to be able to export to *.pdf format to share my efforts easily by using a fairly universal e-mail attachment form.

TIA
Rip

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:15 PM

Which chart?
What options?

Some of the charts use thumbnails for the screen display but use the regular photo file for the printout.

=== OH OH! ===

RM Chart, in the topic line should have told me you were talking about the wall chart and the output from RMChart.

-- You could download one of the PDF printers and 'print' to a PDF file. That's what we used to have to do with Family Origins charts and reports.

Alfred

#3 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(ripr @ Jun 4 2006, 02:47 PM) View Post

I would like to be able to provide a more legilible chart when using the RM Chart generator to Export>(6 choices). The file conversion process seems to dilute the resolution of the print substantially producing a very blurry export file in any of the six formats.

Can anybody suggest a work-around? I would love to be able to export to *.pdf format to share my efforts easily by using a fairly universal e-mail attachment form.

TIA
Rip

The problem I see is not a loss of resolution but the fact that when exported it puts the entire chart on one page. When you view it in the Windows Picture and Fax viewer by double clicking on the file and then press Ctrl+A to get the actual size or click on the + magnifier to enlarge the image you will see that it is clear and readable, but then you have to scroll to find the parts of the image that are off the page. This image can be exported and e-mailed as an attachment but the person who receives it will have to enlarge in the manner above and scroll to view the entire image. It could then only be printed on the one page.

I have another chart program which does the same thing when exporting to other graphics file formats.

Edited by don, 04 June 2006 - 02:42 PM.

#4 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

Using the Adobe PDF printer as Alfred suggested produced a multi-paged chart with very good resolution on my computer and printer.

#5 ripr

ripr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the response. Sorry I did not clarify my situation sufficiently.

Yes, it is a Tree Chart. But contrary to your assumption Don, this is a small one that fits on one page.

I will try both Don's and Alfred's solution and use an Adobe *.pdf generator in my print function.... I assumed it was bypassed but it is there when I get to select my printer!

A Duh moment by me ohmy.gif

Rip