• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Bremer

Ted Bremer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

I have 1,200 places in my files, all without notes. Why, because I can't print them out if I put them in. The Place List report allows me to print ALL or one. I keep my place notes in MS Word. If I have say 50 places as such, RM makes me printout 1,200 to see and have a workcopy of my 50, or print out 50 pages of such, one page per place. A weak spot.

I would like to a new choice added here, allowing for multiple places to be selected and printed (base on searching, for notes being there). Then perhaps a window of those selected that I could deselect those that I didn't wanted, like the explorer.

If this change was made, I would put all my place notes in RM, where printing out place notes and stories would go in ALL my reports for sharing, automatically, if I selected it, as another user previously suggested.

Happy New Year
Ted Bremer

#2 Guest_Juergen Breitenbach_*

Guest_Juergen Breitenbach_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:10 AM

Hi Ted,

just something addiation on the topic "place lists". I often share data with other researchers. And it is very useful to list all names to one or more places. Hoverever, the names are ordered in time (according to the facts). For comparison with other lists, the names should be ordered alphabetically. This is not possilbe with RootsMagic3. Another weak spot. It would be also nice, if the names were ordered in families. Maybe this is to much to ask, but there are programms which can do this (to create a familiy book for a place).

greetings

Juergen

#3 lmparks6838

lmparks6838

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Ted Bremer @ Jan 7 2006, 05:50 PM) View Post

I would like to a new choice added here, allowing for multiple places to be selected and printed (base on searching, for notes being there). Then perhaps a window of those selected that I could deselect those that I didn't wanted, like the explorer.

I would like to be able to print all the places and their notes from a certain area, like a state or county.

Linda