• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donlance

donlance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:52 PM

I've been happily using version 2 of RootsMagic for some time, and a family member bought me the version 3 upgrade as a Christmas present.

I just used it to upgrade, but after restarting it is now in "demo mode" and blocking access to all my genealogy data. I did not remove version 2 before running the program, and install prompts indicated that it would install over version 2 and preserve my data. So I thought there should be no problem as I have the full v2 registered product and I expected the v3 upgrade to create a v3 fully registered product.

However, now I'm in this "demo" mode, and it is prompting me to enter product registration information to unlock the product features. The instructions say to look inside the CD case for the registration number, but there is nothing in the case or on the CD. I looked in vain in my v1 and v2 CD cases as well in case my old product registration number was there and still good, but no luck!

My family member has the online email from the order purchase, but no product registration was in the email.

So I'm at a loss as to how to get a product registration number to get full access to my data again. Help! I'm planning a genealogy excursion this week, and I'll need my data...

#2 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

Have your family member e-mail you a copy of the order confirmation and call 1-800-ROOTSMAGIC (1-800-766-8762) and they will verify the sale and send you the key.

#3 donlance

donlance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

I contacted RootsMagic, and they very quickly resolved my problem. Somehow the product registration information was lost in getting the product to me, but the nice folks at RootsMagic was able to re-create the registration information for me. I'm now enjoying those v3 features! THANKS!!!