• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ianberry

ianberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:21 PM

Why does nothing happen when I try to save a RMChart as a jpeg.
I only seem to be able to save the chart by "exporting" it as a jpeg, but nothing appears in "My Documents" where I'm trying to save (export) it too.
In "save" & "save as" there is no jpeg option??
Any help please,
cheers,
Ian

#2 aplucinik

aplucinik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

It is not possible to SAVE an RMchart as a JPG file. As you've already found, you must EXPORT the file to JPG format.

I just exported my rmchart file to JPG and the resulting JPG file was in the exact folder I requested.

When you click on FILE > EXPORT and "Export Chart" dialog window appears. Here you give the export a file name and you also specify which folder to put it in. Are you sure you are designating "My Documents" folder as the location? There's no reason why the JPG file shouldn't be there unless you are exporting it to some other folder besides MY DOCUMENTS.

One thing is for sure, if you really exported the file to JPG format like you say, then it is somewhere on your computer. Go into the Windows search tool and search for that file. Windows will tell you where it is located.

#3 ianberry

ianberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:58 AM

Its not working for me.
I have tried again exporting as a jpeg naming the tree & exporting to "my desktop" & nothing happens.
I know how to save things correctly as I do alot of photo editing with Photoshop & saving to various files etc.
I wonder if my Root Magic UK Basic Edition version 3 has a fault as when I click the save button on the export tree pop up the RootsMagic Chart closes down??
cheers,
Ian

#4 aplucinik

aplucinik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(ianberry @ Dec 12 2005, 01:58 AM)
Its not working for me.  I have tried again exporting as a jpeg naming the tree & exporting to "my desktop" & nothing happens.  I know how to save things correctly as I do alot of photo editing with Photoshop & saving to various files etc.  I wonder if my Root Magic UK Basic Edition version 3 has a fault as when I click the save button on the export tree pop up the RootsMagic Chart closes down??

View Post

That is rather odd behavior you're describing. I can export and save the file without any problem. RMChart doesn't close down when I hit SAVE. Perhaps someone else in the forum with the UK edition can test whether they see the same problem.