2 replies to this topic

#1 ianberry

ianberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

Hi,
Recently bought Rootmagic as my family tree info was getting out of hand.
Several months ago I build a good looking family tree using Photoshop but it took me several days!!
So I thought I would be able to build a similar tree with Rootsmagic & be able to update it easier.
The tree I build highlighted several direct surname bloodline I've found plus also included cousins, aunts & uncles etc.
How can I build a similar tree in Rootsmagic (like the King Henry VII one on the UK magazine adverts) as sofar all I can generate is a tree with my direct ancestors only.
Also would I be able to save the finished tree as a Jpeg for printing out as a photographic print, & can the size be changed?
Thank you for any help,
cheers,
Ian

#2 aplucinik

aplucinik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:22 PM

Siblings are included in descendant charts, but RM won't directly create an ancestor chart with the siblings of each ancestor (yet). The Rootsmagician has stated in this forum previously that this might be available in a future version. But in the meantime you can hand craft a chart like that by creating a standard ancestor chart, and then adding the siblings in yourself (either by hand or by creating separate descendant charts for the families and cutting and pasting them from one chart into the other). That can be a little tricky getting the links hooked up right, but it can be done (and saved to disk for future editing).

Wall charts can be exported to JPG, emf, png, and bmp files.

#3 Guest_Ian K_*

Guest_Ian K_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

I too would love to see some enhancements to Wall Charts. I have just starting to use RM3 and i can't seem to create the chart i want. In Siera Generations software that i used previously you could complete a chart showing everybody in the database and how they were related, Desendants, Ancesters, Siblings, Ex-Wifes, everyone. It was a great way of seeing all the connections to cousins and 2nd cousins etc. I would love to see something like this in RM3?

Ian