• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Iowa Sue

Iowa Sue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

I have checked the box "Open databases from last session" under Tools>Options>Program Options.
But the database does not open with my last session. It always opens on the same person, not even the root person for that database.
I have tried opening, setting that option, closing program and then reopening but it still opens to the same person.
This just started after I installed version 3 [from the CD]
Any suggestions?

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

When you go to Options/Program Options and choose "Open databases from last session", RootsMagic opens with the last database you were using when you closed the program last time. It doesn't tell the program which person to open with.

I think I had to reset the database to open with the last person from the previous session instead of the root person when I switched to RM 3.

Go to Options/Database Options and check to see who your Root Person is and if the database is set to open with the Root Person.

Hopefully, that is the problem.

Laura

#3 Iowa Sue

Iowa Sue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

Laura,Oct 18 2005, 11:06 PM]When you go to Options/Program Options and choose "Open databases from last session", RootsMagic opens with the last database you were using when you closed the program last time. It doesn't tell the program which person to open with.

I think I had to reset the database to open with the last person from the previous session instead of the root person when I switched to RM 3.

Go to Options/Database Options and check to see who your Root Person is and if the database is set to open with the Root Person.

Hopefully, that is the problem.

Laura

View Post

I have the options set on "open databases from last session," and start person when opening as "last person from previous session." I have reset it to this and closed out of the program several times and it still opens with a person I haven't updated in a few months. I can't even change it to open with the root person.
I'm getting more that a little frustratrated. Seems like it is stuck on one person in my database no matter how I set the options.
Sue

#4 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

With RootsMagic open, check the Windows menu and see if you have more than one copy of the database opened.

=========

Who is the root person that is set at the top of the database options window?

=========

Close the database(s) without closing the program.
Now, open the database you want to work with.
Make sure your options are set the way you want them.
Close RootsMagic.
Open RootsMagic.
Did it open with the correct database and on the person from the last session?
Alfred

#5 Iowa Sue

Iowa Sue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:47 PM

I did all those things several times. But nothing seemed to fix it. Just now I had to close Rootsmagic and restart the computer to finish installing a download. When I re-started the computer, Rootsmagic opened to the last person viewed!
I have no idea why it worked this time but I am glad it did.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Sue