2 replies to this topic

#1 Marge

Marge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

Help. I just performed a manual merge where the newer record (with all kinds of sources) was merged into the older record. NO SOURCES CAME OVER. Luckily I had a relatively recent (within about a half hour) backup, so would only lose whatever I had done in that time. But why did the birth source, general source, census source not come with the facts? I'm am using RM 3.0.3.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

I couldn't replicate the problem.

I duplicated a person with several sources and merged several times in different directions. Any sources in either the primary or duplicate ended up in the merged individual.

Are there any other things that you can tell us? Anything to get a handle on?

Alfred

#3 Marge

Marge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Alfred for trying to help. I don't know how it happened. Everytime I enter a new person I source every fact and personal source so I know where I got everything - even the name of the person. This happened the first (and only) time I had used the manual merge since upgrading. The only other possible solution was that I had a brain lapse and didn't source those items - but I really can't imagine that I forgot to source two people (husband and wife). I checked all my other recent data entries and everything was sourced. Of course I couldn't check the two that I merged since they were added after my backup. I'll continue to watch this if I need to merge more people. This was a case where I had discovered the spouse's surname and birthdates of both in an IGI search and in census reports.