3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Thorsteinson

Kevin Thorsteinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

Help

I am in trouble, have a family reunion coming up this week and went out and bought a supposed version 2 RootsMagic, but turns out it was version 1....did the update patch to 1.04b, but still no wall charts.
Cannot find any method of purchasing version 2 online via a download and I live in Canada.......does anyone know a patch to this version that will do wall charts or is that option only available in version 2........and only available via snail-mail ?

Thanks !!!

#2 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:41 PM

Kevin,

Unfortunately, no downloads of RootsMagic are available. The software can be ordered directly from RootsMagic and received by traditional methods (mail). Version 2 must be ordered to obtain the wall charting functionality.

If you happen to live close to a Canadian retailer selling the program, you might try purchasing it there:

Canada

Cardston Bookshop
226 Main St.
Cardston, AB T0K 0K0
CANADA
Phone: 403-653-4222

Global Genealogy
43 Main Street S.
Campbellville, ONT L0P 1B0
CANADA
Phone: 800-361-5168

Good luck!

#3 Kevin Thorsteinson

Kevin Thorsteinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, figured as much, it was the Cardston Bookshop that I bought from, they have an outlet in Calgary and when I called, they said it was version 2, it wasn't until I got home and loaded it that I found out it was version 1.
And my Family Origins program won't print the wall chart big enough either.
I think Monday is a holiday in the US, so unless I can convince them to courier overnight to me, I might be hooped......

Thanks

#4 Kevin Thorsteinson

Kevin Thorsteinson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:02 AM

Great news.......for me anyway !!!

The Cardston bookshop drove up a copy of version 2 to Calgary and I picked it up tonight, loaded, uploaded the patch and am off to the races trying to figure out how to get all my wall charts ready for Thursday night.

Awesome people and Bruce was also a great help..........