• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seamus

Seamus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:21 PM

I am new to RM. I have imported a ged com and I am now editing and checking all my sources. My problem is that, while the source list shows all the sources. it does not show the personal file number. My personal file has my sources numbered, certs, extracts form data bases etc. I would like to be able to refer to this when I print e.g. an individual summary.

#2 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:10 PM

Do you mean that you would like to see the Personal File Number listed in a column with the source name?
I can see the Personal File Number of the highlighted source at the top of the right hand window pane.

Do you mean that the Personal File Numbers did not import with the GEDCOM file?

Or, do you mean that you would like reports to list the personal file number of sources?

Alfred

#3 Seamus

Seamus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:28 PM

Thank u for your reply.

I would like to see the Personal File Number listed in a column with the source name. And I would like the reports to list the personal file number of sources?

#4 PamJeanPoJo

PamJeanPoJo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

After using and teaching several different genealogy programs, I first settled on Generations because I could number each new source, easily and quickly find all sources relating to a person or place. Roots Magic has a better system of entering information so I am in the process of switching my data to it. I like the fact that I can put the Personal File number of my 1100 plus sources into the Roots Magic source info. BUT, I would like to be able to get a report by the Personal File number. Legacy does such a report beatifully. BUT, again I prefer Roots Magic for entering data. Would it be possible for the program to create such a report. Surely other people have Personal File numbers they use to store their sources and such a report would be helpful for many different kinds of storage systems. Is there a way to get a report by the Personal File number that I am missing? Thanks Pam Journey

#5 silicon

silicon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(Seamus @ Jan 14 2005, 05:21 PM)
I am new to RM. I have imported a ged com and I am now editing and checking all my sources. My problem is that, while the source list shows all the sources. it does not show the personal file number. My personal file has my sources numbered, certs, extracts form data bases etc. I would like to be able to refer to this when I print e.g. an individual summary.

View Post

From Bruce's list of Version 3 features on the RM mailing list:

Can sort printed source list by footnote, picklist name, or personal file
number. I am assuming that the personal file number will show if selected
for the printed source. Feature list doesn't go into all the detail, and if you have
a question on these features, ask them on the mailing list where they appear.

That should do the trick for you. On 8 Sep, 2005 call or log in and order your copy of Version 3...