How does one print a list of everyone buried in a certain cemetery, where the cemetery name is displayed in Place Details for a given location? Reason, a road trip to photo all listed grave markers at that cemetery.
- RootsMagic Forums
- → Dave in New Brunswick's Content
Dave in New Brunswick's Content
There have been 7 items by Dave in New Brunswick (Search limited from 16-April 20)
Here It Is: Print Cemetery Lists
Everybody gets listed with their BIRTH Name, Date, Place and SEX. It doesn't matter if a name changes for marriage, or Pen Name Etc.. Birth details remain the same. If a person opts to gender identify differently, it happens well after birth, and does not change that fact. I am a Celiac.. genetic...yup, others are predisposed to thousands of other things, including gender identity and gays. Does everyone with a genetic predisposition to something want it as a fact in somebody's Family Tree, I think not. I personally would use a Misc. note and Privitaise it, unless instructed by the individual.
Problem is solved. All personal facts related to the problem location, were changed to a new location, that completed the whole list of people had to be moved to a new file, leaving the now unused faulty location behind; this caused a minor problem, as Drag & Drop Everyone took the problem to the new file. I overcame this. The new file is clear of the problem.
Sorry TomH, seen your note, but then things at home caused need to drop this problem for a while. When I got back to it, I'd forgot your offer... I'm 75?
Problem seems solved: RM for some reason multiplies any notes attached to any place location. In my 15 month old backup, my original place location note of 4.3 pages (MS Word) had become 124 pages, having been multiplied 22 times. When I clicked on the problematic location in the Place List, it would take up to 10 seconds to open; when the note was reduced to it's original 4.3 pages, it opened immediately.
The problem identified, I went back to a recent Back-Up, restored it, made a new Place Name, then had to manually change more than 3500 individual facts from the Problematic Name to the New Place Name, so that each fact was divorced from the problem. (Note that at one point I had tried to use "Search & Replace", but that carried the problem.) With every fact changed to a good place location, I tried to copy everyone to a new file, but RM gedcomed the move and the problem place was also moved to the new file, but I did find how to easily move everybody to the new file.
I'm quite disappointed with RM. All these years I had been using the Database Tools, specifically Test Database Integrity which one would think would catch this flaw, but all it does is leave one with a false sense of "Guess everything is OK"
Again, Thanks for your offer to help.