k1p2's Content

There have been 3 items by k1p2 (Search limited from 11-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#91028 Help does not work on High Sierra 10.3.6 (RM 7.5.7)

Posted by k1p2 on 10 September 2018 - 06:50 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this or is there an alternative source for the Help such as a PDF?  

I have High Sierra also.  But I only have the full RM7 program.

You may have a mouse problem.  My mouse points to one area and it click a tad bit lower.  I have a Logitech mouse and it does this on lots of things, so may be something in High Sierra as I don't really remembering it doing this before (or else I just didn't notice).

In Help>the guide, when you have your cursor over the 'forward or back' buttons and it "sees" them, the square the green arrow is on will outline.  That is how you can tell.

The reason I say that, is because when I put my cursor on 'Intro', it also opens the 'Interface' topic.  BUT it does this on lots of other programs too.  I do not think this applies to "the hand" icon, just the cursor icon.

Hope this helps.

#91025 Native RM version for MAC

Posted by k1p2 on 10 September 2018 - 04:52 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

I run RM7 on iMac late 2015 High Sierra w/SSD with no problem so far.  I haven't tried syncing with Ancestry at all, if that's your problem. 

After they posted how to fix the error manually on the website, I haven't had any problems with it since.

I too wait for RM8 to see if they have streamlined everything into not only x64 bit, but MAC native.   :)

#91024 Easily editable fan charts

Posted by k1p2 on 10 September 2018 - 01:58 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I don't care about making websites.

I don't want posters.

I don't even care about being able to put a picture on my family tree.

To me those are all just "play-pretty" frills that have no bearing on actual research; besides, there are many programs out there for those into the media production end of it.

I can already manually get an empty 9-gen fan chart "form" to print on a 8.5x11 piece of paper. 

From http://treeseek.com I can get one online (with names) that I can save to my computer screen (one screen), but it's a process.  

So I want RM to do this.  Not only that, I want one that does ancestors and descendants.  Plus one that does X-dna and M-dna (up and down-line).  Those are very helpful research items for people that are visual.