orville's Content

There have been 2 items by orville (Search limited from 10-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59856 Resolving French Canadien place names

Posted by orville on 26 August 2013 - 01:52 PM in General Messages

I have that same problem. Some of my places are named after parishes and some are not. Even some of the earlier dates I have for say great great grandparents have the place as "Parish, Town, County, Province, Country" and today the same place is the same except without the parish name. It is very confusing. What I have been told is to go by the time period and what the town was called when the event happened. The same thing is true for any event you enter in your database, even with towns in the US you write it as it happened even if the town no longer exists or the name has changed. Does anyone agree or disagree with me?

#59855 Who Was There List Report Lockup

Posted by orville on 26 August 2013 - 01:41 PM in Issues

I tried to do a "Who was there list" report and because I couldn't remember exactly how I had typed in the town's complete name, an error came up, locking my database. I could not get out of the program without restarting my computer. Maybe if there had been an option where you could select a town from your database list this wouldn't of happened. Any ideas of what to do other than never using this particular list?