Cedric's Content

There have been 2 items by Cedric (Search limited from 01-March 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99018 GEDCOM 7.0 Support

Posted by Cedric on 26 February 2021 - 06:14 PM in General Messages

I have just seen Dick Eastman's posts about Gedcom 7 - there seems to be a lot of confusion about it.  Discussions etc are posted, then disappear, etc.

When the situation becomes clearer I would appreciate advice for a RM7 user, of whether it has any relevance - is it something that might be useful for me, if so how do I get it, etc?

Is this something you will cover in the RM Newsletter when the time is right?

#97701 Descriptive Notes

Posted by Cedric on 13 July 2020 - 02:42 AM in Discussion

I want to add some introductory notes about what my RM7 database is, and is not.

A suggestion is that put these notes in a "dummy person".  Presumably this person will be named something like Readme First.

I would like this to be record No 1, so my question revolves around how I create theis person.  One possibility is to create a new database, create record 1, then export all records and types of info to GEDCOM. and import to this new database.

Question 1)  Is a dummy person the best way of giving notes to the user?

Q2)  Is a GEDCOM Export/Import the best way to obtaina database with a new record No 1?

Q3)  Will all info be transferred using this method (obviously some info will be lost if I import to a different genealogy software package), but can all be picked up in a RM export to GEDCOM?

Q4)  Alternately can all info be obtained by selecting all records (can that selection be done) and dragging them to a new database that contains 1 record.