NorasMom45's Content

There have been 3 items by NorasMom45 (Search limited from 17-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95754 Family tree with everybody?

Posted by NorasMom45 on 19 October 2019 - 06:47 PM in Discussion

Is there a way, anywhere, to print a chart containing everybody for a given number of generations?  My mother is asking for one that will include her various siblings, their children, and spouses, as well as that information for her parents and grandparents and then as far back as is practical. 

I've tried playing around with various programs to see if I can insert boxes and lines where necessary to add the "extra" people, but it hasn't worked out.

#95753 Entering military service

Posted by NorasMom45 on 19 October 2019 - 06:34 PM in Discussion

The hard-core users might cringe at this, but I enter whatever date(s) I have available, even if it's vague ("abt 1942").  If they were peace-time military, I enter their base as the "Place", but if they're actual war vets I enter the name of the war in that spot.  I've found it makes it easier to track everyone who was involved in a specific war if I do it that way.  "Place details" is their unit and rank.  "Description" is reserved for any other odd facts I have about them.  When I discover specific battles, locations, or muster rolls, then I enter them as a new Military fact. 

#95541 Extra colours Required Please

Posted by NorasMom45 on 03 October 2019 - 07:12 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

This is a variation of John's request -- Because I have so many interconnected people in my database, I'd like to see an option to provide multiple colors to a single name.  For instance, my ex and I share a set of grandparents in the 1600's.  Rather than painstakingly giving the shared ancestors a third color, I'd like to see them with both of ours.  I don't know how it could be done; maybe with an extra field beside the name that would let you enter several colors?