cjenwild's Content

There have been 5 items by cjenwild (Search limited from 21-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95467 Rootsmagic on a Surface Go

Posted by cjenwild on 27 September 2019 - 03:15 PM in Discussion

Thanks for everyone's comments. I did get the Surface Go with a keyboard and it works just fine with RM. 

#94940 Christening date as an option for sorting in the index

Posted by cjenwild on 25 August 2019 - 06:36 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Most of my ancestors are from England and my maiden name is Smith. You might be able to imagine what my index looks like. When trying to figure out which of the 50 John or Elizabeth Smiths I want to choose from the index, it is most helpful to have a "born" date, yet for more distant ancestors, I only have a christening date. I have resorted to putting in a fake birth year just so I am in the ballpark, but it would be nice to have the option to choose to have the christening date as a sort parameter in the index. :)

#94939 Rootsmagic on a Surface Go

Posted by cjenwild on 25 August 2019 - 06:28 PM in Discussion

Got it, thanks.

#94928 Rootsmagic on a Surface Go

Posted by cjenwild on 24 August 2019 - 03:46 PM in Discussion

Thanks for your input. I had definitely planned on the keyboard, wasn't sure about the necessity of a mouse with the touch pad included with the keyboard. And sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the flattening of the user interface.

#94921 Rootsmagic on a Surface Go

Posted by cjenwild on 23 August 2019 - 09:14 PM in Discussion

I'm considering purchasing a Surface Go to replace my very old Samsung Android Tablet. The sole reason I am considering the Surface Go as opposed to another Android device is to run the full version of RootsMagic on a tablet sized device. Has anyone tried this and been pleased with the results? My concern is that the screen will just be too tiny to be useful.

I have a 13 in laptop and that's very useable for me, but I do most of my heavy duty research on a desktop with 2 screens! The Surface Go would principally be used as a tablet for reading, watching movies etc, but I would like to have the option of using RootsMagic away from home.

Thanks.