Craw's Content

There have been 3 items by Craw (Search limited from 09-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94801 Management of Certificates

Posted by Craw on 17 August 2019 - 03:07 PM in Discussion

Cheers for your help Zhangrau.  I took your advice and added a new fact type named Certificates. Each now contains a list of the certificates that I've obtained for each, non-living, person in my database. It works a treat.  Thanks again, you're a star.

On a side note, I've not yet linked the scans of certificates I have to the database at the moment. I wanted to ensure that I created a stable/organised file structure for everything I was going to add by way of certificates - directory for Birth, Bann, Education, Marriage, Death certificates etc etc.

However,  I've probably taken this whole thing too far as I am also adding images of any objects that I know are associated with a particular person - treasured items such as: Pets, cars, clocks, paintings, bibles, jewellery and so on... and also images of their headstones, property they have lived in and buildings they have worked in.

This task has obviously grown arms and legs and become a monumental, but enjoyable, task.  To make things even more complex for myself, I've also started creating a Family Media Website where I've been adding any film (Cine to Digital) and audio clips I can locate for family.

For me it is all about building up as full a picture as I can of their life in order that the next generations will know more and not have to make assumptions about certain aspects of their life. This is what I am having to do. Rebuild the picture now, when 20 years ago when some were still here - I could have asked for the answers.  :(

#94750 Management of Certificates

Posted by Craw on 14 August 2019 - 03:47 PM in Discussion

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply.  I was sure there would be a way that I had overlooked. I will have a go at this tomorrow.

best wishes from Scotland.

#94745 Management of Certificates

Posted by Craw on 14 August 2019 - 02:48 PM in Discussion

Hi All,

I hope I'm not asking a stupid question but I would really love a feature that would allow me to mark a specific fact about a person if I have an accompanying certificate in that person's media folder. For example, if I already have a copy of the death certificate for the person then I would like to record that in order that I can create reports showing what certificates I still need to find. Hope this makes sense.

Ta.