Jump to content


MPIIIMan's Content

There have been 6 items by MPIIIMan (Search limited from 29-October 19)


By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95354 TreeShare not downloading all media. HTML files specifically

Posted by MPIIIMan on 20 September 2019 - 03:11 PM in Issues

Thank you Renee.

Can you please follow up on this other post of mine as I believe it's a legitimate bug as well.

http://forums.rootsm...ancestry-table/




#95351 TreeShare not downloading all media. HTML files specifically

Posted by MPIIIMan on 20 September 2019 - 09:57 AM in Issues

What I originally stated is correct.

 

RootsMagic does download the "Stories" that people have manually written using the "Create Story" -> "I want to write a story" feature on ancestry.

 

When you do this you put in a "Story title". It's that title that needs to be unique. If you put in "Obituary" for the story title then any other stories with that same title won't be downloaded. 

 

I tested and confirmed this is the problem. Renaming the story titles to Obituary for John, Obituary for Joe, Obituary for Tim. Then they all download properly.

 

Is this the proper place to report bugs? Haven't seen an actual reply from someone on the team.




#95292 TreeShare not downloading all media. HTML files specifically

Posted by MPIIIMan on 15 September 2019 - 07:54 AM in Issues

Here is what I noticed that could provide some clues for the developers of the software.

Most of these "Stories" on ancestry have the title "Obituary", the first one it downloads as Obituary.html (I see that in the media folder). It then tries to download others and then names them with the convention Obituary (XXXXXXXXXXX).html. I don't see any Obituary (XXXXXXXXXXX).html files in my media folder.




#95290 TreeShare not downloading all media. HTML files specifically

Posted by MPIIIMan on 14 September 2019 - 09:10 PM in Issues

I have found an issue with TreeShare not downloading all the media from Ancestry.

This seems to mainly apply to obituaries which have been written using the Write Story feature on Ancestry. RM downloads these as .HTML files.

It does download some of them. I thought it could be a problem with RM generating a file name with parentheses, but Windows allows this as I tested and confirmed I could create a file doing so.

 

Screenshot below, not that I think it will do any good. Any other info I can provide to assist please let me know.

 

Obituary_Issue.png




#94690 Bug with LinkAncestry table

Posted by MPIIIMan on 09 August 2019 - 09:30 AM in Issues

The same thing happens with Family source events that are Divorces. I did some digging around and found the following:

 

I found an entry in the LinkAncestryTable with the extID that matched the screenshot below. The entry in the table has LinkType of 4, so the LinkAncestryTable.rmID field links to CitationTable.CitationID. In the CitationTable record the OwnerType is 7, which indicates an Alternate Name fact and the OwnerID then links to NameTable.PersonID. But this person found in the NameTable has nothing to do with this record in the LinkAncestryTable. Proof below:

 

DivorceRecord.png

 

DatabaseBug.png

 

Definitely a bug somewhere




#94684 Bug with LinkAncestry table

Posted by MPIIIMan on 09 August 2019 - 08:40 AM in Issues

I discovered an issue related to marriage records and data in the LinkAncestry table. This is a pretty complex problem that I found while studying the SQL Lite database that RM uses.

 

On Ancestry when you have a marriage record for a husband and wife you can often view the record and see it from the husbands point of view, and the wife's point of view, Please see the screenshots below for what I am referring to.

 

Here is the view of the husband:

Husband.png

 

Here is a view of the wife:

Wife.png

 

If you look at the URL they are different for each view.

If you look at the URL for the husband, dbid=9093&h=517409 is the data that gets saved into the LinkAncestryTable.extID field as 517409:9093

This is getting saved properly for the husband. This is not getting saved properly for the wife though. The data in the LinkAncestryTable for the wife is the same as the husbands.

Hers should be 3328685:9093.

 

I have found this problem exists in many marriage records and not just in this one case. There seems to be a bug with the code that downloads the Ancestry tree and determines the data saved into the extID field.

 

The problem can also happen in an opposite manner. The wife's ancestry data is correct and the husbands is wrong (same as wife's).

 

Additionally some more info to provide. This marriage record also provides a birth event / citation. When I look up the LinkAncestryTable data for that, it is accurate.