Dutchman's Content

There have been 5 items by Dutchman (Search limited from 23-August 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#93821 ODBC Connection to Rootmagic 7

Posted by Dutchman on 07 May 2019 - 07:59 AM in Discussion

I find the reports in Rootmagic rather generic, and they do not seem to have the ability to apply filter(s).

I would like to write my own reports in Crystal, but I need an ODBC connection to do this. I downloaded an SQLite3 odbc driver, but Crystal apparently cannot use this. Has someone done this successfully? Or perhaps opened the databse in MS SQL as I could write a report there too.

Any feedback welcome

#93820 Very poor map

Posted by Dutchman on 07 May 2019 - 07:53 AM in Family Atlas

Thank you for your response, what you are showing is what I am looking for .....and had expected!

What is the name of the program you are considering moving to? Would love to check it out.

#93651 Very poor map

Posted by Dutchman on 23 April 2019 - 08:31 AM in Family Atlas

I just purchased Family Atlas and I must admit that I am very disappointed with the atlas. I don't know how the atlas was created, but it looks like a five-year old drew it with a very shaky hand. Really???

With detailed maps available from Google and other sources, why are you not using these. Your maps are next to useless. There are no cities or villages displayed, no terrain information, just some arbitrary lines separating non-existing communities. As an example, in the Netherlands, there is no division in the province of Noord Brabant. I have no idea where you got West-Noord, Noord Oost, Zuid Oost from, but they do not exist!

I had expected much more, and I would not have purchased this if I had known how primitive this program was. Shame on you!

#93267 Formatting pages in publishing

Posted by Dutchman on 14 March 2019 - 02:53 PM in Personal Historian

Thank you for your feedback. I will try it. Any idea when the next release is due to be released?

#93260 Formatting pages in publishing

Posted by Dutchman on 14 March 2019 - 06:28 AM in Personal Historian

First, I would like to say that I like the approach Personal Historian uses to create a family history. I am VERY disappointed though in the formatting capabilities of the software.  When importing pictures, I am unable to resize them, or place them exactly where I want. There is no print preview, I am unable to select the page size when entering data so I will know how it will look when printed, and they will overlay some of the text that accompanies the pictures, making the text invisible. It makes it totally unusable to publish. I am astonished that a program that has been around for a few years has not implemented even the most basic formatting tools. Anyone know when we can expect an upgrade so I can actually use this to publish a history?