ladybugrwv's Content

There have been 8 items by ladybugrwv (Search limited from 17-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#90539 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 07 August 2018 - 06:59 AM in Issues

Jerry,  Oh, I see what you are saying now.  As I mentioned earlier, I am a little illiterate when it comes to these matters.  So, all I've done so far is import my gedcom file that I had saved from Ancestry.com,  I should uninstall RM and reinstall it in my C: drive somewhere?  And I know this is probably silly, but what exactly are my backup files?  Our elec was out several hours last night so I didn't get to play around much with RM.

Thank you for all your help.

#90536 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 07 August 2018 - 05:29 AM in Issues

robertjacobs0, 

I see what you're saying but I have used Dropbox for a few years in my home based business.  There is a shortcut on my desktop and I keep pics of my inventory, all my orders, graphics and more stored there.  It's used like another drive on my laptop I guess you could say.

TomH,

Yes, I am the only one who uses my laptop and it stays logged in to me.

#90524 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 06 August 2018 - 08:30 PM in Issues

Jerry, I changed the place to save it to (I also did this before and I still got the error message)  but here it is    C:\Users\ladyb\Dropbox\Ancestry DNA Files\Roots Magic Tree\M_M_Tree.rmgc

#90521 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 06 August 2018 - 04:52 PM in Issues

Bob C

YESSSS!  Thank you, it worked!!

#90518 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 06 August 2018 - 04:17 PM in Issues

TomH,

Yes, I am logged in as that.  and yes, I can create files in it.  I tried using the postimages but it won't let me add them here.  I am not real literate when it comes to this stuff.  Anyway,  when i go to create a database as a first time user of RM7, it is the defaults that come up.  I have tried changing them around but to no avail.

#90502 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 06 August 2018 - 11:56 AM in Issues

Bob C.

Thanks.  I tried that and got the same message.  Is there a way to add pics to this post?  If not, I will post what boxes are checked and unchecked.

#90499 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 06 August 2018 - 10:32 AM in Issues

Thanks Jerry Bryan.  It actually is the default where RM 7 wants to put it.  The full address is C:\Users\ladyb\Documents\M and M Tree.rmgc.  The M and M Tree is what I put when it asks me to name the new file.  I have also tried saving it to different places like desktop, dropbox and also naming it different things.

#90497 Error message when trying to create file for first time.

Posted by ladybugrwv on 06 August 2018 - 08:58 AM in Issues

I downloaded RootsMagic 7.  When I click New to start my family tree, I get this message "RootsMagic couldn't create C:blankityblankblank.rmgc.   Please make sure you entered a legal file name.  I have tried leaving everything the way they have it, changing things like where it wants to put the file and what it wants to show.  What do I need to do to use this program?  I am using windows 10.  I do have FTM but it is an old version 8 for windows 95 98.  Should I take it off my pc?  It seems to work fine on windows 10.  Don't know if that has anything to do with it.