mcmcavoy@gmail.com's Content

There have been 2 items by mcmcavoy@gmail.com (Search limited from 20-September 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#89339 Linking the same RootsMagic DB to both FamilySearch & Ancestry

Posted by mcmcavoy@gmail.com on 16 May 2018 - 05:16 PM in FamilySearch Family Tree

Thank you for your response. I would still like to know if the same RM file can be linked to both FamilySearch and Ancestry without causing problems of dulicated ancestors, etc. I am still learning the tasks required for sources and other sharing as it relates to both FS and Ancestry.

For example, can a source come over from ancestry and then be sent to FS by using the sources tab without reentry of the data?

#89332 Linking the same RootsMagic DB to both FamilySearch & Ancestry

Posted by mcmcavoy@gmail.com on 15 May 2018 - 11:15 PM in FamilySearch Family Tree

This may be a novice question but I cannot find this specific answer in help forums. If an RM database is linked to FamilySearch, can it then be linked to an ancestry tree so that they are all kept synchronized? Will a change in any one repository be sent to the others when they are updated? If so, is it possible to also synchronize the source and images?