Valen's Content

There have been 7 items by Valen (Search limited from 05-June 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96489 Private Profile

Posted by Valen on 01 February 2020 - 11:00 AM in Discussion

Well, in the table "PersonTable" of the database, there is a column called "IsPrivate", it looks the column exists in the database but there is no way to use it in RootsMagic.

#96416 Private Profile

Posted by Valen on 18 January 2020 - 07:13 PM in Discussion

Is there any way to declare a complete profile as private?

#95769 Multicite

Posted by Valen on 22 October 2019 - 04:04 AM in Discussion

Yep, is what I was understanding now...

I am actually a migrated user from FTM to RootsMagic and in FTM the sourcing concept was different and it was not possible to link the equivalent "Master Source" to the profile, it was mandatory to link "Source Details".

I think I will be able to use "Source Details" and automate the linking using sqlite operations.

#95711 Multicite

Posted by Valen on 15 October 2019 - 03:24 AM in Discussion

Introduce the link to the document instead into the Master Source part of the source/citation combination. It is really only the Master Source information that is picked up by MultiCite.

The RM user interface does not provide a great deal of clarity about when tagging a document to a source/citation combination. Unlike other source/citation data, the tagging of documents is not very clearly identified in the user interface as being in the yellow part of the source/citation (the Master Source part) or as being in the green part of the source/citation (the Source Details part). The most reliable way to get the media tagging set up the way you want is to go into Lists>Media gallery. Select the media file in question and tag it to a source. When the "tag to source" window pane comes up, tag to the Master Source you intend to MultiCite.

Jerry

Thanks a lot for your time helping me.

Just to double check if I understood it properly, what you are proposing me is that instead of using the Master Source as the reference to a source (i.e. a local registry), in order to perform what I am looking for, the way to do it is to use the Master Source as the reference to the specific citation, isn't it?

#95667 Multicite

Posted by Valen on 11 October 2019 - 05:58 PM in Discussion

Hi there!

I have tried hard reading all documentation to see how to solve this topic, but I have not been able so far to fix it.

What I have:

I have a source, inside this source there is one document which is mentioning several persons. I also have a pdf copy of that document included in that source.

What I want to do:

I would like to cite in a single operation in RootsMagic all persons mentioned in the document in such way that when I open each one of the cites persons I can see the reference to the document and the link to the pdf.

What I do and the result:

I use the multicite option and I introduce the reference of the document inside "Source Details" and the pdf in the media.

When I look to all persons where I performed the multicite only (and only) a single person has the data of "Source Details" and the link to the pdf media appears.

Question:

How can I avoid going "one by one" each of the cited persons and secure each of the persons are linked to the media.

Thanks!

#94182 Double marriage with the same person

Posted by Valen on 12 June 2019 - 02:28 PM in Discussion

Hi there!

Probably due to a corrupted GEDCOM import I have ended having the curious situation where some marriages are duplicated, so one person appears to have been married twice with the same person.

Is there any way to fix this and merging both marriages?

#93726 Issues on importing from Familiy Tree Maker

Posted by Valen on 28 April 2019 - 03:55 PM in Issues

Hi,

I have just imported a full database from FTM2014 to the latest version of RootsMagic (7.5.9), when analyzing the imported data I found quite strange situation, where I am finding duplicated parents (sometimes looks previous versions I was having of those parents in my initial FTM database). Trying to use merging tools, I am not able to fix the issues at RootsMagic level.

Is there any way to fix all these importing issues either at origin (FTM2014) or RootsMagic?

Btw, these kind of problems are not spotted by RootsMagic as issues automatically.