lapsang's Content

There have been 2 items by lapsang (Search limited from 08-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#85453 How to close Ancestry hints in RM without accepting or rejecting

Posted by lapsang on 21 August 2017 - 10:17 AM in Discussion

Thanks Renee!  I didn't know what would happen if I clicked undecided, so I never gave it a shot!  Appreciate the quick answer.

#85435 How to close Ancestry hints in RM without accepting or rejecting

Posted by lapsang on 20 August 2017 - 01:04 PM in Discussion

To put this another way--I would also like to dismiss/ignore hints selectively without actually rejecting.  E.g., I do not wish to turn off the tree hints altogether, as there are some researchers I work with and would like to leave their trees in "pending" status on an ongoing basis, but there are people I know who have simply taken their research from me or are otherwise not worth me reviewing their dubious information.  In the second case, the hint does technically apply to an individual, so I shouldn't reject it.  I would just like RM to stop reminding me that I have these hints in "pending" status because I will never confirm or deny them.

The way I imagine it is that if I have 13 hints, with 8 accepted, 3 rejected, and 2 pending, I could selectively "dismiss" the two final hints.  Then there would be no icon on my tree to click on, meaning I have fully reconciled the hints for this person.  However, if I wanted to view the status of all web hints, I could still open the dialog box and see them (maybe under Tools?).  If a new member tree pops up, the flag would come back, and I would know new information is available.

A reporting feature would also be lovely, even if it is just a count by service or source.

Thanks for all your hard work on this marvelous software.

Ashley