Welmby's Content

There have been 21 items by Welmby (Search limited from 16-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#86188 Relationship to Root Person

Posted by Welmby on 02 October 2017 - 02:20 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Rm uses bloodlines only for relationships. My sideways (linear) geneaology makes things interesting when trying to figure out errors and distant cousins. When tossing in a few marriages things get lost.

#85799 Relationship to Root Person

Posted by Welmby on 02 September 2017 - 09:52 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I would add linear geneaology as well. I know the kinship reoprt kind kf does this but not completely

#85798 Place list enhancement

Posted by Welmby on 02 September 2017 - 09:50 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Not unused. All places. Ok .. Say you have 5k places and 3k of them are farmer, caroenter etc. Now place clean takes out the details nicely. Now you have all the places nice nice via place clean you still have to go in and merge them manually even though they are an exact match. The evil program merges them automatically if they are exact doubles. I bet rm could do this even if the detail was there then split out the detail.

#85792 Place list enhancement

Posted by Welmby on 01 September 2017 - 05:01 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I see another request for gazette. I read through it and i agree with a delete all places. I have had to load a 5k place name into the evil ftm program because it auto merges place names once they match. This would be one of my requests. It would save me a headache in the long run.

My other request would be to ask the geocode makers/people to take canadian counties and rms into account. It would be handy.

#83289 Family View Columns

Posted by Welmby on 01 May 2017 - 05:54 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Renee. It sounds like a setting issue to me. I think the frame is mis sized so the scroll left and right has been enabled.

#83208 Sidebar thought

Posted by Welmby on 24 April 2017 - 09:24 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Exactly my trail of thought. Options are good things somethimes and less steps for menu bars

#83142 Sidebar thought

Posted by Welmby on 19 April 2017 - 01:41 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

You know how it puts up people and alphabetical etc... How about adding the place list to there as an option. I know thw list is in lists but whwn i get on a roll id like to pull it up and see what its doing on the side.

#83141 Descendant view

Posted by Welmby on 19 April 2017 - 01:39 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Then i got something way wrong.... Will look again tonight

#83132 Place list clean up

Posted by Welmby on 18 April 2017 - 11:13 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I agree the sync comes first. Just wishful thonking.

#83129 Place list clean up

Posted by Welmby on 18 April 2017 - 09:59 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Thats the issue then (chough ftm cough) in its place edit pulls up the places on the left map and people on the right net or no net [if no net map is blank] then you can click say cemetery, halifax, ns, canada and it pulls up the people this affects. Then you can edit by place or by person.

#83128 Descendant view

Posted by Welmby on 18 April 2017 - 09:56 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Yes renee. To be able to drag and drop downwards. Just the reverse of the current pedigree view. In my case it would find broken links faster. I have drag and drop upwards figured just need down wards.

#83095 Place list clean up

Posted by Welmby on 15 April 2017 - 09:12 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

But can i edit that eight hand columnby person

#83094 Descendant view

Posted by Welmby on 15 April 2017 - 09:11 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Yes and no. More like pedigree view just the other way around for quick drag and drop for broken links

#83088 Descendant view

Posted by Welmby on 14 April 2017 - 01:40 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I'm currently playing with my project. 7 geds into one. Now my pedigree direct line is done thanks to the type of view. What are the odds we could get a descendant view option for the same way as well as list view. For drag and drop purposes.

#83085 Place list clean up

Posted by Welmby on 14 April 2017 - 12:09 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Number one no net.
Nubmer 2 the placement within project still cant be seen.

#83082 Place list clean up

Posted by Welmby on 14 April 2017 - 09:05 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Edit: also expand the immigration and emmigration to a dual place option for to and from.

#83081 Place list clean up

Posted by Welmby on 14 April 2017 - 09:02 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I know the competition (cough ftm cough) has an option to see the area in the file where said place is located alond with a map. I found this nice because i could edit the persons place in one go and anyone else linked to it (marriage etc) woild this be an option for us as well?

#83066 Tree climb on manual merge

Posted by Welmby on 13 April 2017 - 07:11 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I bet bruce and the gang could come up with something better.

#83050 Tree climb on manual merge

Posted by Welmby on 12 April 2017 - 03:20 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Legacy hadls an option that when you manual merge it will start to find matches in that line until it cant find anymore. What would be awesome is if rm did something similar but with one person at a time making one giant omlet before heading up to a parent then continuing like this till all possible matches are untangled. I am working with multiple geds with a lot of overlap so in my adhd brain this makes sense but the linear paet of it all says run the line but then you dont know if you got them all.

#83045 Relationship calculator/counter/loop finder

Posted by Welmby on 12 April 2017 - 10:12 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

In my project i have done a lot of sideways work to make things make scense for more family members that are in common with my tree. Now i know i have errors in it but when i see if there is an error between me and a cousin by marriage it will not even show the link between us which can be a pain wehn finding loops.

Now if i put the ged from rm to geneanet the site will find my loop (like fs but says x person is an error) so back in i go to find the error. What is the odds we could get a person counter or loop finder built in as well?

#83043 Webhints for free resources

Posted by Welmby on 12 April 2017 - 09:58 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Thought. You know the little web hint do hickies. What about asking collections canada and the national archives of the usa to allow us into their api search engines. I know fs pulls and transcribes originals from there already. Why not ask the source? Even transcribers get it wrong sometimes.