Fleetz's Content

There have been 6 items by Fleetz (Search limited from 26-May 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96944 How do I record a father who is disowned?

Posted by Fleetz on 06 April 2020 - 01:37 PM in Discussion

Jerry,

You make many good points.

I agree it’s easier to deal with these in written form than the locked down structure of an online database like RM. Not being critical of RM, it’s brilliant.

Maybe our discussions here might get picked up by the good folks at RM? End of the day what you, I and others have raised real world situations that RM does quite cover albeit they are very much the exception than the rule.

#96941 How do I record a father who is disowned?

Posted by Fleetz on 06 April 2020 - 06:19 AM in Discussion

Respect your point of view.

Unknown” I felt has connotations and felt “Private” was more respectful. End of the day neither will bring the father’s name forward which is my distant cousin’s prerogative. She was comfortable with “Private”.

I have listed her in citations against this particular entry so family members are going to be clear it is not for discussion. Unknown may have a family member coming forward with a name which frankly out of respect of my cousin I prefer not to know. Private infers case closed.

#96936 How do I record a father who is disowned?

Posted by Fleetz on 04 April 2020 - 09:51 PM in Discussion

In my situation my relative and indeed her eldest son made it very clear the father is not to be named, nor was I going to be given his name. He has for whatever reason been completely disowned. I fully respect their rights not to disclose.

My cousin a few times removed actual kept here maiden name and her son surname is as it should be in this case our family name. I have respected their right not to name the father. I have therefore named her son’s father name as “Private” and left it at that.

Been able to fill in many other family members from the contact which were willingly provided.

#96730 How do I record a father who is disowned?

Posted by Fleetz on 10 March 2020 - 03:50 PM in Discussion

I have been reaching out to family who I discovered through my research for them if interested to provide detail of their family and relatives where the trial of information was non existent.

I have just received some information from one such of our family where all the details basically have disowned the father and all members of our family side have reverted back to our family name. How do I respect and record this?

A distant cousin married a man whom I have his name however for whatever reason his wife (my cousin) and her family disowned him. All records provided have are in the our family name, here children and grandchildren bare our family name. I have no doubt that at some point after the divorce she has had her name changed back to her maiden name.

I recall my conversation with her son where it was painfully obvious a bitter and nasty separation occurred many years back. Was obvious they do not want to discuss the reasons why which I fully respect.

So now I have these relatives that only wish to be recorded by my cousins maiden name our family name. How does Rootsmagic indeed does Rootsmagic accomodate this situation?

#96639 RM7 program locking up after upgrade and using Family Search?

Posted by Fleetz on 25 February 2020 - 09:33 PM in Discussion

It gets worse Family Search appears to be a red herring, just trying to close the program down after skipping the back up freezes RM7. 

Is there any way I can roll back RM7 versions? 

INteresting when I close the program from Task Manager it shows the program as 32 bit, my laptop is 64.....not sure if there is a connection?

Anyway RM7 is now unuseable.....

#96638 RM7 program locking up after upgrade and using Family Search?

Posted by Fleetz on 25 February 2020 - 07:38 PM in Discussion

Hi,

Anyone else having program locking up after upgrading to 7.6.3.0 when using the Family Search function?

Just upgraded RM7 and for the first time tried to start using the Family Search interface from within RM. After I put my Family Search login details and go back to start using the Family Search feature it locks up the program and only recovery is CTL, ALT, Delete and end program from Task Manager.

RM7 7.6.3.0 works fine unless I login to Family Search from within RM. 

Anyone having the same issue?

Cheers,

Ian