BevSmallwood's Content

There have been 17 items by BevSmallwood (Search limited from 21-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#93847 Two wishes concerning sources

Posted by BevSmallwood on 09 May 2019 - 04:38 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

1. Search would be great for those times you cannot remember the first letters (ship list or passenger list or NY ship list - I try to standardize, but I'm cleaning up some crazy old stuff).  Would like to search within source name and possibly an search anywhere limited to sources??

2. Hold the ALT key and type P O (paste, close)   Goes really fast.

#92535 Facilitate Plugins for running of bespoke SQL needs

Posted by BevSmallwood on 18 January 2019 - 03:11 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I really like this idea.  I've been curious about SQLite, but haven't tried it yet.

#92352 Additional categories for "sex"?

Posted by BevSmallwood on 07 January 2019 - 10:43 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I just encountered this as well.  I'm not really sure how to handle it.  This person feels mis-gendered and wants to have operations etc. 

Do you record the gender they were born with?  The one they feel in their heart?  Or wait until hormones and operations have changed the genitals? 

This is too complex for a single letter flag, though that is a start.  

It will definitely require a bit more explanation for the family and future generations to understand.

I haven't recorded anything yet as I'm the only person in the family who knows about it and this individual isn't ready to have that conversation.

#91043 Produce Linked HTML style reports within Report Viewer

Posted by BevSmallwood on 12 September 2018 - 09:02 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

Yes. Please.

#90281 Fact Sharing - alternate names on Add multiple people

Posted by BevSmallwood on 26 July 2018 - 05:37 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

When you click on Share on a fact and go to the RM Explorer, it only shows the primary name.  It would be really helpful if alternate names would display as well.

It seems that Add a person does, but Add multiple people does not.

#90070 FamilySearch - watch list

Posted by BevSmallwood on 12 July 2018 - 07:24 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I would find it very helpful to see the status of the FamilySearch "watch" star and be able to flip it on or off from RootsMagic interface.

#90031 Enhanced Searching, Marking, and Unmarking for Sources

Posted by BevSmallwood on 09 July 2018 - 04:32 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Yes, please.

#89838 Turn off hints to specific people & allow find on hints

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 07:13 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Jerry - thank you for explaining.  I see now why this would be a problem.

I have asked familysearch to consider sending weekly emails to my watch list for hints in addition to changes.  Maybe they will accommodate at some point.

#89837 FamilySearch ID

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 07:06 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Yes, I know there are two places.

Today I was in familysearch attaching a source.  It didn't open the guy it should have and it wasn't in the drop down so I needed to paste in the ID.

I had the person highlighted in descendant view but it could have been family or pedigree -- but I had to either open Edit Person or FamilySearch Share button to get the ID.

I'm just asking for a quicker way of getting it, bypassing opening one of two other things that I don't need at the moment.

#89821 FamilySearch ID

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 01:24 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

You have the very nice option to "Put Family Search ID in clipboard" available under Options on Edit Person view.

I'm doing a lot of work today back and forth between RM and FS.  It would be nice to have a shortcut to that ID by right click menu of highlighted person.

#89820 Turn off hints to specific people & allow find on hints

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 12:32 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I know I've mentioned it before, but would really like the switch that activates the lightbulb to be something we could use to filter people.

Saying that though, there are some people that are of very low or no interest to me.  I have them in my database, but that are collaterals of collaterals etc.  I'd like to turn off the hints for them.  I'm not going to go to familysearch and work the hints and would like to dim that bulb as it were.

I'd like to click on the bulb and have an option:  Show no future hints for this person.

If at some later time I become interested, I should be able to click the bulb and re-enable hints for that person.

Thank you.

#89816 Rearrange spouses/children

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 10:59 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

If you highlight the parent and use Add>Child it will give you the screen to manually adjust the order of the children when done. If you use "Click to add child" it will not give you that screen. Deciding which method you want to use to add the children can help you with the placement of them. 

I do this and it is very helpful.  However, sometimes I import children from FamilySearch and they are out of order.

#89806 Media Gallery - Filter to show only UNLINKED Media

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 08:25 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

On this note, please  - when I find the red X - please let me right click to get to properties rather than going up to the button at the top.  Thank you.

#89805 Media Gallery - Filter to show only UNLINKED Media

Posted by BevSmallwood on 28 June 2018 - 08:24 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

This one gets my vote too.  I was just about to post a request for this.  I'm frequently renaming and moving stuff around.  I don't mind fixing the links, but would like to filter them rather than scrolling down looking for the red X.

#89757 Rearrange spouses/children

Posted by BevSmallwood on 25 June 2018 - 04:51 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

just the person highlighted

#89714 Rearrange spouses/children

Posted by BevSmallwood on 21 June 2018 - 09:48 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

By the way, I'm usually editing from the Descendants tab rather than the Family Tab.

#89712 Rearrange spouses/children

Posted by BevSmallwood on 21 June 2018 - 09:33 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

Please add rearrange spouses/children to the right click options.

I'm constantly right clicking to do this and realizing I need to go to the edit menu.

Thank you.