BevSmallwood's Content

There have been 6 items by BevSmallwood (Search limited from 13-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95468 copy Fact

Posted by BevSmallwood on 27 September 2019 - 03:26 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

It would greatly help me if I could copy a fact/event and paste it to another person.  I'd like it to include the attached sources as well.

This could be handled two ways:

1: Copy Paste in the same manner as the Memorized Source citation.

2: Select people from a list to copy the item in the manner of sharing a fact.

There are many times that just sharing a fact is not satisfactory.  I do many Swedish household surveys.  Family members are born or die or leave or return sometimes many times during the time period covered by the book.

I'd like to copy the fact then edit it for each family member to indicate what time period they were there.

Thank you

Bev

#95060 "Research Complete" flag

Posted by BevSmallwood on 30 August 2019 - 12:15 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

One thing I'd like to add to this: 

I wish I could add a fact to a group of people in one go.  In TMG you could set a flag on a group of people based on a query.  I'd like to do the same with facts.

#95059 "Research Complete" flag

Posted by BevSmallwood on 30 August 2019 - 12:12 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I created a fact called *****DONE*****

I can search for fact type exists or fact type doesn't exist.

Coming from TMG, I have created facts/events to replace the flags.  You can search, group, and color code based on their value.

#93847 Two wishes concerning sources

Posted by BevSmallwood on 09 May 2019 - 04:38 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

1. Search would be great for those times you cannot remember the first letters (ship list or passenger list or NY ship list - I try to standardize, but I'm cleaning up some crazy old stuff).  Would like to search within source name and possibly an search anywhere limited to sources??

2. Hold the ALT key and type P O (paste, close)   Goes really fast.

#92535 Facilitate Plugins for running of bespoke SQL needs

Posted by BevSmallwood on 18 January 2019 - 03:11 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

I really like this idea.  I've been curious about SQLite, but haven't tried it yet.

#92352 Additional categories for "sex"?

Posted by BevSmallwood on 07 January 2019 - 10:43 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

I just encountered this as well.  I'm not really sure how to handle it.  This person feels mis-gendered and wants to have operations etc. 

Do you record the gender they were born with?  The one they feel in their heart?  Or wait until hormones and operations have changed the genitals? 

This is too complex for a single letter flag, though that is a start.  

It will definitely require a bit more explanation for the family and future generations to understand.

I haven't recorded anything yet as I'm the only person in the family who knows about it and this individual isn't ready to have that conversation.