BrendaH's Content

There have been 3 items by BrendaH (Search limited from 14-October 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#93871 Unused Places List

Posted by BrendaH on 11 May 2019 - 01:44 PM in Discussion

I would love to delete unused places, and would love to correct places that say, "under the tree in Vermont" but I don't know how to find which places are unused, nor do I know how to find the one event that has a location of "under the tree in Vermont"....  How did you do that?

#92967 Opinions Requested Legacy 9 DLX vs Roots Magic 7

Posted by BrendaH on 16 February 2019 - 11:31 AM in Discussion

Two comments...

I have never had RootsMagic crash. What are you doing to have it crash?

It's pointless to format data in RootsMagic and sync it to Ancestry. Any time that you open a source in Ancestry, the data for any fact that was added by that source is reformatted back to how Ancestry originally added it. I use Ancestry for source collection and would never sync it with my working database.

I migrated to RootsMagic from TMG and chose RootsMagic because it is very similar to TMG. I simply don't like the Legacy design. If I ever used another program, it would be Family Historian.

I am also curious as to what version of RootsMagic you have, and what you are doing when it crashes.  I have had RM for... well, for DECADES.  I had it before RootsMagic even existed!!  It has NEVER crashed for me.  NEVER.  You seem to have put "CRASH" on the CON list, as well as the PROS list... I don't understand how it can be a Pro AND a Con... please explain.  But seriously, what are you doing when it crashes? I seriously would like to hear more about that.

If I had to use something besides RM, I am not sure what it would be.  I have used about everything else, over the years.  I always return to RootsMagic.

Brenda

#92059 Stopped adding sources to FamilySearch

Posted by BrendaH on 14 December 2018 - 08:48 AM in FamilySearch Family Tree

Did FamilySearch support respond?