Well, I opened the rtf file in Notepad and looked at the codes. All of the notes which appeared in Arial 11 pt started with the code \plain\fs22. I found that the code used for narrative text was \plain\s8\li0\fi0\ri0\sb0\sa0\ql\vertalt\f3\fs22. So I did a simple replace using Notepad and all of the notes magically changed to Times New Roman, 11 pt as desired (i.e. in Word 2010). Without this change, the notes appeared in Arial which was the default font (in the rtf header) for headers, footers and narrative headings. It seems as if the full encoding string \plain\s8\li0\fi0\ri0\sb0\sa0\ql\vertalt\f3\fs22 is needed to switch back to Times New Roman. Not exactly optimal but it works until this" feature" is fixed.
There have been 3 items by RWagner245 (Search limited from 28-November 19)