Spencer's Content

There have been 5 items by Spencer (Search limited from 08-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#94594 Release Date for RM8

Posted by Spencer on 31 July 2019 - 11:33 AM in Discussion

Those are all Good Points, Jerry.

I would like to see RM8 allow me to see ALL the different ways two individuals are related when I use the Relationship Charting Function.

Currently, in RM7, only a single relationship will Chart and Print.

I'd also prefer to see all the relationships listed so I can view each one interactively and see the individual permutations.  Then I'd want to Chart and Print the ones I want on a particular day.

This can prove to be fascinating if you want to know how many different ways A is related to B --- Henry VIII to Queen Elizabeth -- or moi to Jennifer Lawrence.

Spence

#94563 Release Date for RM8

Posted by Spencer on 28 July 2019 - 11:58 AM in Discussion

What would really be useful in RootsMagic 8 is a marked upgrade to the Relationship Calculator and Reports functions.

Spence Hines

#91001 Problem with images

Posted by Spencer on 06 September 2018 - 03:08 PM in Discussion

Thanks to TomH, Renee, alanmon and you, Vyger.

So File History in Win 10 is the Verdammt Culprit.

I'm quite familiar with File History and use it frequently -- and it puts beards on my RM7 Image Files.

Naughty...

I'll deal with it...

Cutting Off The Beards.

#90988 Problem with images

Posted by Spencer on 05 September 2018 - 10:05 PM in Discussion

Posted Today, 11:42 AM

Something else is renaming your media files on the computer. RootsMagic won't change the filenames it only links to them. Like This

Renee
RootsMagic

Windows 10?

#90982 Problem with images

Posted by Spencer on 05 September 2018 - 02:19 PM in Discussion

Very True...

The Threads Often Just Trail Off To Oblivion...As Did This One...

However...

One plausible "solution" I've discovered is laborious -- but works.

For some verdampt, unfathomed reason, it seems that RM7 likes to change the names of my media files.

Let's say I name an image file, a portrait of Abraham Lincoln,  AbeLincoln2 and it's designated as a .jpg file.

RM7 then wants to rename the image file as AbeLincoln2(2018_08_17 05_06_27 UTC).jpg.  Why, I do not know.

Now, if I trim the "beard" off the AbeLincoln2 file -- all that (2018_08_17 05_06_27 UTC).jpg. rubbish -- Media Gallery can find it and the image displays correctly without the verdampt and feared Red X.

So, if I trim the beards on all 4,567 image files I had in RM7 will they just be added again?

And, equally important, is there a quicker way?