mcphilbrick's Content

There have been 4 items by mcphilbrick (Search limited from 29-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#98355 Change Registration

Posted by mcphilbrick on 26 October 2020 - 01:40 PM in Discussion

Jim is correct. Ctrl+Shift+U was confirmed by chat with RM before I saw Jim's message. The sequence to delete the RootsMagicUser.xml did not work. My husband is up and running with his registration.

#98344 Change Registration

Posted by mcphilbrick on 24 October 2020 - 01:27 PM in Discussion

Since he wants his own RootsMagic web site, we need two licenses.

He has already tried uninstalling the software. When it is reinstalled, it is licensed to me. I'm guessing there is something hidden in the registry - but that is just a guess.

#98342 Change Registration

Posted by mcphilbrick on 24 October 2020 - 08:56 AM in Discussion

My husband is taking over my old computer which has RootsMagic on it. The RootsMagic registration is for my version.

Since we both have taken advantage of the ability to publish RootsMagic online, my husband has his own registered version of the software. 

How can we remove my registration so he can register his own version?

#98315 How do you Privatize a Fact so default is Private

Posted by mcphilbrick on 19 October 2020 - 10:42 AM in Discussion

Removing all of the check marks from the 'include' list does not prevent the fact type from being uploaded to Ancestry via TreeShare. Marking the individual fact private does prevent the fact from uploading. (I just tested this.)

Since I'm trying to document my DNA matches and thrulines while respecting the privacy of my matches, I would like the ability to mark the fact type 'private' on a global scale.