CCpstas's Content

There have been 8 items by CCpstas (Search limited from 06-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#74729 Chose to use same person as his father and brother

Posted by CCpstas on 17 October 2015 - 10:14 PM in Discussion

As I chose ok I realized Iwas SO wrong to have okayed the RootsMagic message... about continuing to use the same John....

David's father is John. Entered details. Realised his details were for David's BROTHER John and not their father.

So now David's brother and father have the same number and details.... (oh, and two more generations above that!)

So If I remove John the father - that will remove John the son (and the other Johns)

BUT will that delete the whole family down the line????? Please help? Chris

#74720 Un-link Parents

Posted by CCpstas on 16 October 2015 - 05:38 PM in Discussion

Unfortunately removing one Jane removed both so I had to re-enter both and now have TWO Janes... with different parents. Luckily they had no children.

#74719 Un-link Parents

Posted by CCpstas on 16 October 2015 - 04:01 PM in Discussion

Thanks Tom. Yes rechecking today Jane HAS the same number BUT also has the SAME details.... might be easiest to delete one Jane and leave the Jane with correct details and parents and see if that fixes it. Thanks for quick reply Tom.

#74694 Un-link Parents

Posted by CCpstas on 16 October 2015 - 03:08 AM in Discussion

I have inadvertently mixed up one Jane with the same number (?) with two sets of parents.

There SHOULD BE TWO Janes. One for each set of parents.

Her name is same as her father's sister... that's how I did it! AND both Jane's have as their father a William! Luckily the wives have different names!

If I go to Jane (born Edinburgh 1840): father William mother Jane/Jean - her number is the same but her details are correct.

If I go to Jane (born Australia 1842) the daughter of William and Mary - her number is the same and her details are correct 

If the numbers are the same I thought the details would have been the same... overwritten each other...

Should I create another Jane as a duplicate so I don't lose the details for either/both THEN how do I take the correct parents off lets say Jane (born in Edinburgh) BUT will that alter the other Jane?

Would love someone's help please? 

Chris

#72449 Sources when exporting GEDCOM

Posted by CCpstas on 23 May 2015 - 04:46 PM in Discussion

Thank you for your suggestions. Will check as suggested and also send back up and try that. Thanks you all for your assistance. (not on line regularly so apologies for not replying more promptly!) 

#72263 Sources when exporting GEDCOM

Posted by CCpstas on 10 May 2015 - 06:23 PM in Discussion

TomH, tried to upload my GEDCOM created with my RM6 to cousin's new RM7 but my sources didn't transfer... As suggested had ticked all the boxes. Could this be because I have more sources than cousin's just-purchased new RM7 

#72223 Sources when exporting GEDCOM

Posted by CCpstas on 05 May 2015 - 05:22 PM in Discussion

Thank you yes, Sources was definitely checked/ticked. Only To do, Research and Correspondence not ticked. Exporting from RM6 to RM7...

#72179 Sources when exporting GEDCOM

Posted by CCpstas on 03 May 2015 - 08:46 PM in Discussion

Can you help? Have exported GEDCOM and when imported to another RM file, no sources were exported just the date.