ewormuth's Content

There have been 4 items by ewormuth (Search limited from 13-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#74945 Merging GEDCOMs?

Posted by ewormuth on 01 November 2015 - 01:49 PM in Discussion

I'm a new user of RootsMagic 7.  I have family trees on both Ancestry and MyHeritage, and they are a little different in some respects.  Can I pull a GEDCOM from each one and merge them somehow on RootsMagic 7?

I searched in the Help file and also on the forum and didn't find an answer, though I may not have been asking the right question.

Thanks.

#70471 Duplicate people, duplicate facts

Posted by ewormuth on 01 February 2015 - 02:30 PM in Issues

Newbie to RM here, just working with it for the first time.  I've imported a couple of GEDCOMs in the time I've been using it, and now I have *many* duplicate people, and within the people, duplicate facts.  I know how to merge people, and I guess I should just delete the extra facts, but it's going to be tedious and I'd like to know how to avoid this situation in the future.

I have been using Ancestry along with Family Tree Maker, and I'm used to making changes on Ancestry as I find new sources, etc., then syncing with Family Tree Maker, and this is what has led me to import GEDCOMs a couple of times, because I've changed the Ancestry tree.  Is this a poor process if I'm shifting over to RM?  There's no way to sync Ancestry with RM, right? 

I have a very limited tree at this point on Family Search, because that process is pretty tedious and frustrating (to me, anyway).  But is that the way to go -- to keep building my tree on Family Search, which is then connected to RM?

Help!  I'm confused, at this point.  Thanks.

#70470 SQLite Error 5 -- Database is locked

Posted by ewormuth on 01 February 2015 - 02:23 PM in Discussion

Never mind -- I closed the program and opened it again, and the problem went away.

#70468 SQLite Error 5 -- Database is locked

Posted by ewormuth on 01 February 2015 - 02:16 PM in Discussion

I'm trying to merge duplicates in my family tree and I'm getting the error message, "SQLite Error 5 -- Database is locked."  How can I fix this?

Thanks.