GalinAZ's Content

There have been 5 items by GalinAZ (Search limited from 02-April 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96566 Review of RM compliance with GEDcom 5.1 - GEDcom assessment tool

Posted by GalinAZ on 11 February 2020 - 10:02 PM in Discussion

This tool from Family History Hosting evaluates a genealogy programs compliance to the latest GEDcom 5.1 standard.  While many programs are reviewed, the comments on RM review are not complimentary compared to no comments on FTM 2019.

https://www.gedcomas...ootsmagic-7.htm

https://www.gedcomas...-maker-2019.htm

#93787 Media links after Ancestry Tree Share

Posted by GalinAZ on 04 May 2019 - 01:21 PM in Discussion

Yes, I was expecting that if there were media items associated with a fact that the media boox would be checked. 

Does the fact that I have a source IMPLY that there is media associated with it? 

I will retry the sync with Ancestry and let you know if I get better document names for the media items.

#93725 Media links after Ancestry Tree Share

Posted by GalinAZ on 28 April 2019 - 01:41 PM in Discussion

I didn't do a good job of explaining.  In the Media Gallery view (List-->Media Gallery) Some of the media items have a person's name that appears at the bottom of the image and in the file name for the item.

However, many of the items have no person's name shown in the image nor in the file name.  As mentioned above, these items all ppear to be media associated with citations.  They are not indicated as related media in the person's profie (no checkmark in the media column).  The only way I've found to figure out if there is media associated with the person, is to click on the Media tag for that person.  Then I can see all the media associated with the citations but I have to open them to read them to see which item goes with which citation.

Why don't these synced media items get assigned to the citation?  There are NO tags assigned to these items.  They have meaningless file names, like this: E:\Bonnie\Genealogy\DNA Family Tree as of 4 26 2019_media\004215238_00769.jpg

I have over 300 items; Do I have to either add a caption or a tag to each one to give them a visible name or open them up to see what they are each time?

Another possibility: Does the tagging of media items continue in the background once the sync is finished?  Could I have interrupted that process?

#93714 Media links after Ancestry Tree Share

Posted by GalinAZ on 27 April 2019 - 11:39 AM in Discussion

What I'm seeing is that there is no caption associated with the media item; just the file path/name.  I can't figure out how to attach a screen shot of the RM Media Gallery.  When I open the media properties, I can see the associated citations but why isn't their a caption?

#93704 Media links after Ancestry Tree Share

Posted by GalinAZ on 26 April 2019 - 05:50 PM in Discussion

I opened RM7 Windows and created a new tree by going to Tree Share and syncing with a public tree I am the owner of on Ancestry.  I received all the media files however, only a few are connected as media to the person's profile .  There are 301 files.   I tried "fix broken media links" and it says there are no broken links.  Is there a reason I don't get a person associated with a media item?