HermanduPlooy's Content

There have been 5 items by HermanduPlooy (Search limited from 22-October 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#86257 Export a family with the daughters husbands but without her children

Posted by HermanduPlooy on 06 October 2017 - 07:21 AM in Discussion

The process in Legacy, although not applicable here, is really very easy.  You search, find, detailed search and "Look for whom" - "individual, "Where to look" - surname, "How to look" - equal to, "What to look for" - Jones or "Look for whome" - individual, "Where to look" - spuse's surname, "How to look" = equal to, "What to look for" - Jones. Then "Clear list before search", "Create list", "Options", "Advanced Tagging", "Clear all tag numbers for everyone", "Everyone in search list", "Close, "Close".  The rest of the beauty happens now in the export to gedcom - "Export to gedcom", "Record selection", "All records with an individual tag of" say 1, Mark "Export all spouses of tagged individuals", Mark "Export all children of tagged individuals", "Close", "Select file name and start export. Now you have a gedcom file with all individuals with the surname Jones, their descendants, the daughters husbands but without their children.

I am sure you will always have problems cases as mentioned above.

#86254 Export a family with the daughters husbands but without her children

Posted by HermanduPlooy on 05 October 2017 - 11:18 PM in Discussion

Hi TomH, that is my aim, like I say it is easily done in Legacy with the "Spouse's surname = Jones" and "Surname=Jones", is it too difficuly to add this to RootsMagic "Select people by data fields"?

The obvious problems is to work in RootsMagic, export it to Legacy to get the desired gedcom with just the family "Jones and all their descendants, but excluding the married daughters children, they will apear under their family name.

How does Legacy get it right?

#86225 Export a family with the daughters husbands but without her children

Posted by HermanduPlooy on 04 October 2017 - 11:19 PM in Discussion

Thank you. Where do I unmark sex is male?

#86211 Native RM version for MAC

Posted by HermanduPlooy on 03 October 2017 - 11:49 PM in RootsMagic for Mac

Will it be ready for Christmas, excellent present?

#86210 Export a family with the daughters husbands but without her children

Posted by HermanduPlooy on 03 October 2017 - 11:34 PM in Discussion

I have asked this question a long time ago, but wants to try again. I want to export the descendants of a family say "Jones", with the daughters husbangs but without her children. Now under "Select people by data fields" I can use "equal Surname=Jones" or "equal Surname (birth or married)=Jones) and it will give me all the Jones but without the daughter's husbands.

A friend told me about the added entry in Legacy where you choose "equal Spouse's Surname=Jones" and "equal Surname=Jones" which gives you all the Jones and the daughters husbands but without het children.

How do I get the same information from RootsMagic without a lot of manual work with colour coding, etc?