Namanta's Content

There have been 11 items by Namanta (Search limited from 23-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65787 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 05 September 2014 - 03:20 PM in Discussion

Well I have it working.  I used the compatibility option and I agreed to let RM make changes, and I have turned off my computer and turned it on again and it still lets me use it at those settings, so I am very happy.  Thank you, Virginia.

#65786 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 05 September 2014 - 02:54 PM in Discussion

Well it only fixed the problem this morning because now it is 800X600 again.  And when I run the compatibility option, it tells me the application is incompatible. and now the program only takes up 1/6 the page and it will not get bigger.  I really think the problem is that I should NOT allow RootsMagic to make changes to my computer, but I have not tried saying no,.

#65780 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 05 September 2014 - 05:03 AM in Discussion

I do not see Program Compatibility.  There is Troubleshoot Prograrm compatibility, but then there is just ... and that seems to have worked!   Thank you!  You cannot believe how much i thank you.  So now I should be able to close my program!   Thank you, thank you, thank you.  It doesn't appear just as you say, but I tried the first option, and it worked!

Thank you,

#65771 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 04 September 2014 - 04:35 PM in Discussion

Tom, I have the most recent update.  When I moved my database to this computer, I just downloaded the latest program onto the new computer.  (That was on Sunday) When I try to download another, it says, "Mo update available. You are using the most up-to-date version of RootsMagic 6."

#65770 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 04 September 2014 - 04:30 PM in Discussion

Tom, the problem is that when the resolution is so low that the program is so large I cannot see most of it.  You try setting your computer at that setting and see what it looks like.  I just don't understand how other program running at the same time would not be affected just RM.  Set your screen resolution to the lowest it will go for me, it is 800 X 600.  My top resolution is 1600 X 900 and that is what I always use.

#65769 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 04 September 2014 - 04:24 PM in Discussion

Virginia, what do you mean the program compatibility option?

#65768 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 04 September 2014 - 04:23 PM in Discussion

These are the same that I used on the other computer.Ariel 14 point for the main screen and Ariel 12 point for the List Font and Note Editor Font. These are the same as I have used for years because I want the sources that I list in abbreviated form in the notes as well as in the sources. The 14 point main screen font is so I don't have trouble seeing if all is correct, but nothing is new.

#65757 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 04 September 2014 - 04:54 AM in Discussion

I might think it was not RootsMagic that was causing it but ONLY RootsMagic is affected.  the other programs still have the higher resolution beneath RootsMagic.  I have used this program for 4 years, so I am not a newcomer.  I have two monitors, but that is not new either, I had two monitors with the previous computer and in fact, they are the same as I used on the other one. When I open RM, and it has such low resolution, I have to go to Control  Panel -- Appearnace and Personalization-- Adjust screen resolution.  and ONLY RM is affected.

#65756 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 04 September 2014 - 04:37 AM in Discussion

This one is Windows 7, I don't like Windows 8 that is on my laptop upstairs.  Nothing else is changed , they are still using the 1600 X 900 screen resolution, but somehow every time that I try to bring Rootsmagic up, the window that Rootsmagic is in reverts to 800 X 600 and it takes extra time to change it.  It doesn't affect until when I turn the computer off.  and no other program is affected.  I have been working on this database since 1998 and I put every person in it;  I volunteer with SAGA - Swiss Anabaptist Genealogical Association. http://www.saga-omii.org/ and although my ancesters are in there, they are not the primary raison d"etre..  My database focuses on the descendants of the early Mennonites of Bucks and Montgomery Counties, Pennsylvania. Sometimes I follow them other places such as Ontario, Canada or Rockingham County, Virginia, or Holmes and Wayne Counties, Ohio, or Elkhart and St. Joseph Counties, Indiana.

#65750 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 03 September 2014 - 06:20 PM in Discussion

All I can say is that I probably will not turn off the computer  until the weekend.

#65749 RootsMagic 6.3 something

Posted by Namanta on 03 September 2014 - 05:45 PM in Discussion

I just moved my database to a new computer.  I had RM6.2 there, and it was doing fine until I opened it the next day and the program changes the resolution to the very lowest, but says the highest is what is optimal.  I don't mind changing it once, but EVERYTIME?  If I cannot get this fixed, I will have to migrate to a new program. Has anyone else had this problem.  I have a large database (about 265,000 people) I don 't know if that is part of the problem?

:(