Bizegrama's Content

There have been 7 items by Bizegrama (Search limited from 12-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#80174 Generate relationship report, too small on page, Win 10, Dell laptop

Posted by Bizegrama on 18 July 2016 - 09:56 PM in Discussion

If you upgraded to Windows 10 after you had RM7 installed you need to install a .reg file. I'm thinking your issue maybe connected.

If you are using RootsMagic under Windows 10:

1. Download the .REG file from http://files.rootsma...Browser-Fix.reg

2. Run the .REG file to add the necessary entries to your Windows registry. It will display several scary warnings. Just keep telling it that “yes”, you do want to make the change.

Thanks, Renee.  Sorry it took me so long to get back.  We are doing remodel on house and it's had priority.

It was not an upgrade to Windows 10.  Windows 10 came already installed with my new Dell laptop, then I did an install of Rootsmagic 7.2.1.0 from the Rootsmagic website, so it should have been a clean install.  Brought data in from Dropbox.  If that is any help.  Really has me stumped why some reports are fine and charts are not.

I will try your suggestion, but probably won't get a chance for a few weeks to try it with remodel.

Shirley

#79755 Generate relationship report, too small on page, Win 10, Dell laptop

Posted by Bizegrama on 10 June 2016 - 09:29 PM in Discussion

Just some additional information, the narrative reports and other reports in screen view, seem fine.  Just seems to be with all the charts.

I wonder if reinstalling would help.

#79754 Generate relationship report, too small on page, Win 10, Dell laptop

Posted by Bizegrama on 10 June 2016 - 09:14 PM in Discussion

So this problem is an on-screen display? Last fall an individual on a different board was reporting a text display problem (tiny text) after moving to Win 10 on a new laptop. The problem turned out to be a 'known problem' (yet not well reported) with the build-in video display (on the mother board, not a separate video card) in the programming code associated with the built-in video display. Following url links to the Intel site provided a fix to the display problem.  If your computer has a built-in video display circuit you might find a solution to your display problem by an on-line search for that video display component by name.

thanks everyone for suggestions.  Layout, etc ok.

It appears on screen display (when opens up) for pedigree & relationship charts and prints out the same.  Familysearch indexing program text is small, too, regardless of settings for display in largest text selected.  I did a google search to see if I could find issue with a motherboard, didn't come up with anything.

However, I downloaded Legacy out of curiosity to see how their reports came up and all the reports come out fine on laptop.  So it's weird.  it's got me stumped.  As everything is fine on old desktop with Rootsmagic.  Just an issue with laptop.  Hmm.

#79723 Generate relationship report, too small on page, Win 10, Dell laptop

Posted by Bizegrama on 06 June 2016 - 06:21 PM in Discussion

Thanks, Renee. Had already tried those suggestions. Tried changing resolution on screen. I don't use magnify but will double check it. Spent hours yesterday trying to troubleshoot issue.

#79693 Generate relationship report, too small on page, Win 10, Dell laptop

Posted by Bizegrama on 05 June 2016 - 08:49 PM in Discussion

I generated a relationship chart and pedigree chart today but they are not on page evenly and seems crunched up.  I have checked settings, etc in Rootsmagic.

I am using Win 10, on a Dell laptop.  Reports are fine with my old HP computer with Win 7 professional.  So it looks like the problem is Win 10??

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#74360 Any change to add Baptism to Family View or Timeline View

Posted by Bizegrama on 18 September 2015 - 04:34 PM in Discussion

Instead of the baptism fact you would need to record it with the Christen fact. Then it will be treated as a replacement for a birth fact when it doesn't exist. You could edit the sentence template for the Christen fact to call it baptism so it prints the same in reports for you.

To change your fact type open the Edit Person screen.

Highlight the baptism fact and click the Options button.

Select "Change fact type"

Highlight the Christen fact and click Select

You will now see the Christen fact listed on the Timeline and Family Views.

I am sorry that Rootsmagic is not addressing this issue.  I understand why the Christening is listed as to interface with LDS temple work [I am LDS].  But even on the FamilySearch.org Get Satisfaction discussions, there has been much discussion of the issue.

Unfortunately there is a difference between a christening and a baptism.  Some of the baptism's are adult baptism's not infant, so a christening is a totally inappropriate fact.  And with some many baptisms listed trying to go back into my large database and change each would be very tedious.

Hoping in the future that Rootsmagic will give us the user defined option of listing baptism on the Family or Timeline view.

Thanks

#74347 Any change to add Baptism to Family View or Timeline View

Posted by Bizegrama on 17 September 2015 - 06:28 PM in Discussion

I know in the past their has been lots of discussion on this subject.  I am wondering if with Version 7 if there has been a change?? 

We recently moved, so I am just getting back to the genealogy.

I have a large number baptisms (early New England, Scotland, etc) and it is frustrating when all I get is birth of children in Timeline and Family View.  While researching, it is annoying to have to click on person to see if the information is there.  It would be great to see both birth & baptism's in the those views.  In Timeline it doesn't even show the child that has only a baptism date.

It would be extremely helpful if Family & Timeline view were user defined.

Thanks in advance.