ziabueno's Content

There have been 2 items by ziabueno (Search limited from 06-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53542 Unusual Relationship - Mother is actually Grandmother, "Sister" is th...

Posted by ziabueno on 30 October 2012 - 05:35 PM in Discussion

Thank you both very much for you suggestions! Your answers are very helpful! I think I'll use a combination of both your recommendations as I proceed.

Henry's birth record was discovered only recently and he is recorded simply by his surname. Going by the BCG proof standards, there is evidence from other authoritative records that support the conclusion that this is indeed Henry. No question about it.

Veritas is also my motto, not just Harvard's, and yet I was actually struggling about whether or not to continue using John and Cathy as Henry's parents in my genealogy research. This is amusing because I'm a "shine the light on it", "rip the band-aid off", "truth above all else" type of person and researcher. I suppose I was secretly hoping for some sort of dotted-line way to report the relationships using RM5 -- as if that would somehow make it gentler to other researchers, which is completely absurd!

Thank you for responding so quickly to my post!

Sincerely,
Zia

#53537 Unusual Relationship - Mother is actually Grandmother, "Sister" is th...

Posted by ziabueno on 30 October 2012 - 01:38 PM in Discussion

Another unusual relationship problem:
  • Henry is the son of Mary.
  • Henry's Father is unknown.
  • Mary is the daughter of John and Cathy.
  • John and Cathy are listed on every document as Henry's Parents throughout his life --- except on the Birth record.
  • Mary is listed as Henry's Sister throughout his life.
  • There is no adoption, formal or informal. Henry is absorbed into the family as the son of John and Cathy and younger brother of Mary.
How do I show the true relationships between all of these people in RootsMagic 5?

I'm being forced down a path to make dau. Mary the 2nd spouse of her Father John.

Thanks!