where.r.u.'s Content

There have been 4 items by where.r.u. (Search limited from 18-January 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52819 RM4 Essentials - Data Not Added To Family Tree

Posted by where.r.u. on 19 September 2012 - 12:34 AM in Issues

Problem now resolved, thanks to all who contributed in particular Renee.

Mike

#52806 RM4 Essentials - Data Not Added To Family Tree

Posted by where.r.u. on 18 September 2012 - 09:05 AM in Issues

Oh Dear!, why couldn't I think of that, smart boy wanted I think!, thank you so much Renee, much obliged.

Mike

#52803 RM4 Essentials - Data Not Added To Family Tree

Posted by where.r.u. on 18 September 2012 - 08:15 AM in Issues

Hi Tom

I live in the UK and RM4 Essentials (free version) was offered on the RM website as a means of a try before you buy the latest version (RM5). The RM4 version I have provides only a Family View and a Pedigree View. Starting with the FV I click on 'Edit', select 'Person' which brings up a 'Edit Person' menu with the headings 'Add a Fact', 'Delete a Fact' and 'Options'. Select Add, highlight name to which the fact is to be added, I'm presented with a menu of 'Fact Types' (baptism's, birth's etc), highlight the fact type, click select and then add the data to the database presented, and then close the 'Edit Person' menu which takes me back to the Family View. As explained I have added three sets of data today using this process (2 x baptisms and 1 x marriage) but only the one set (1 x marriage) was added sucessfully and appears in the Family View. The baptisms do not appear in the Family View but they are visible in the Edit Person view. The marriage data on the other hand appears both in the Family View and the Edit Person view.

#52799 RM4 Essentials - Data Not Added To Family Tree

Posted by where.r.u. on 18 September 2012 - 04:56 AM in Issues

When attempting to add 'some' data to the tree by selecting edit person then imputting the data onto the 'edit person' menu it saves to that menu but after closing the menu it fails to save that data for that person on the tree. for example I selected 'edit person' and added a marriage record, saved it, closed the edit person menu and it saved to the tree. In trying to add the birth/baptism records for the two people in the marriage record, and using the same method, the data was saved on the 'edit person' menu but failed to save to the tree. In going back into the 'edit person' menu both birth/baptism records were visible for each person. I tried deleting each of the two records and then re-saving them but without success. This is the first time I've had a problem with the process since downloading the software a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone offer any advice on how to remedy the problem.

Thanks

Mike