RJA36's Content

There have been 6 items by RJA36 (Search limited from 05-December 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64748 Publish Online Error Message

Posted by RJA36 on 08 July 2014 - 04:38 PM in Discussion

alansogd:

Thanks for your definitive answer! So I see no need to spend any more time on this. I am afraid of getting my hands dirty especially after looking at jquery.com. My skill level is limited to moving a file from one folder to another. It’s still difficult to believe I am the only person using IE 11 that has this problem.

Guess I’ll open an account and upload directly to My.RootsMagic.com to see what editing is needed. Then make the changes on my computer and periodically update the website. In the meantime, I will not share the website address until I’m satisfied.

Thanks again for your help! RJA36

#64731 Publish Online Error Message

Posted by RJA36 on 07 July 2014 - 05:06 PM in Discussion

Renee

I copied RM6 from the RM6 Disk to the tablet by way of a flash drive. Today, I uninstalled and deleted all RM6 files then installed it again. The process was not the same. The first time it required the registration key from the downloaded program but did not require an update as it was version 6.3.1.0. Today it did not require the register key from the Disk RM6. But it was an earlier version that had to be updated to 6.3.1.0.

Results on both the tablet and desktop: No error messages. When previewing the website in the browser, the Home page is complete but again the Name Index and Pedigree pages are blank except for the headings. Also the Help button is missing from the Home page although it was checked. Like member kbensON above, across the bottom of the screen on the Name Index and Pedigree pages is - Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running script or ActiveX controls. When I click “Allow blocked content” nothing changes

Thanks for your time! RJA36

#64705 Publish Online Error Message

Posted by RJA36 on 06 July 2014 - 08:41 PM in Discussion

TomH
Neither the desktop nor the tablet have a WebFiles.zip file in C:/Program Files (x86)\RootsMagic 6. I did a general search for WebFiles.zip on the desktop but nothing found. Tried it on the tablet and ended up on the internet with list of several websites. RJA36

#64695 Publish Online Error Message

Posted by RJA36 on 06 July 2014 - 07:58 AM in Discussion

Sure is strange I’m getting the same error message (below) when using two different computers, one Windows 7 the other Windows 8.1, two different databases with one being new, files located in two different paths. The only things in common are the same copy of RM6 and both have Internet Employer 11.

RootsMagic has encountered an unexpected error:
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\RootsMagic 6\WebFiles.zip’

Ron

#64669 Publish Online Error Message

Posted by RJA36 on 05 July 2014 - 10:59 AM in Discussion

What now? I reinstalled RM6 on my desktop which has Windows 7. I no longer get the error message BUT when I preview itwith the browser (Internet Explorer 11) only the Home page has the data. The Name Index page and Pedigree page are totally blank except for the headings.

Here is a new problem using my Surface Pro 2 tablet which has Windows 8.1. I copied RM6 from the desktop to a flash drive. Then copied RM6 from the flash drive to the tablet. It required the registration key which I provided. Next I created a new simple database. When trying to create a website using Publish Online I not only got the following error message but now RM6 is frozen up with that error message. When I trid to turn the power off a message states this app RootsMagic 6 is preventing shutdown.

File “C:\Program Files (x86)\RootsMagic 6\WebFiles.zip’

Thanks for your time! Ron Adams

#64641 Publish Online Error Message

Posted by RJA36 on 03 July 2014 - 09:10 AM in Discussion

I have had RM6 for months but have yet to transfer my master database from RM5. I have been playing around with RM6 using another database. RM6 will create a website using the Create HTML files but when I try to create a website using Publish Online I continue to get the following error message:

File C:\Program Files (x86)\RootsMagic 6\WebFiles.zip

Also included is a generic error statement with the hot button Send Error Report.

My project folder is at: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\RootsMagic6\PublishWebPage\RM5RM6RonPublishOnlineWebsite

Thanks for your time!

Ron Adams