Owler's Content

There have been 5 items by Owler (Search limited from 17-January 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45720 Descendant List with burial information

Posted by Owler on 28 August 2011 - 12:36 AM in Discussion

I like the report that gives you the Descendant List including name and birth/marriage/death dates and places, with each succeeding generation numbered and indented. However I haven't been able to find a way to add burial place information to this same format. Is there a way of doing this?

#45131 Second given name is primary

Posted by Owler on 04 July 2011 - 03:34 PM in Discussion

I just repeat the given name as a nickname. So, if John Jacob Smith is known as Jacob, it would read as:

John Jacob "Jacob" SMITH

It may look redundant, but to me, that makes it clear what his given names were and what name he was known by.

#45127 Counting number of individuals per generation

Posted by Owler on 04 July 2011 - 01:18 PM in Discussion

Thank you very much -- that worked great.

#45122 Counting number of individuals per generation

Posted by Owler on 04 July 2011 - 07:49 AM in Discussion

Thank you! This worked great for counting all the descendants (ALL generations), but under Tools / Color Code People, I didn't see any option for selecting the number of generations of descendants. I selected "Descendants of current person", but there was no opportunity to define the number of generations I wanted. Am I missing something?

#45111 Counting number of individuals per generation

Posted by Owler on 02 July 2011 - 02:01 PM in Discussion

I'm fairly new to RootsMagic4 and I've been working on what I would call a descendants database (all the descendants emanating from one couple). I've been looking for a way to count the number of individuals in each generation (without doing it manually), but haven't been able to find anything in reports/lists/tools/etc. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this? Thanks.