Pheney's Content

There have been 5 items by Pheney (Search limited from 21-July 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83987 TreeShare - exclude living people

Posted by Pheney on 02 July 2017 - 08:54 PM in Discussion

I would like to upload my database to ancestry via TreeShare, but can't find how to exclude living people (or mark them 'private').  Can it be done?

#82971 Narraative reports - indented

Posted by Pheney on 05 April 2017 - 10:38 PM in Discussion

Has anyone found a way to reduce the indent on the 3 types of indented narrative report?  I prefer this style over the register-type report, as it is more easily understood by family members.  However, the increasing indent with each generation soon makes the report unreadable. I have not found anything in the forums or in RMTrix that addresses this issue.

#82311 RM7 - SQLite Error 10 - disk I/O error

Posted by Pheney on 31 January 2017 - 01:31 AM in Discussion

I get the 'Error 10' message if I leave RM7 open while the computer goes to sleep and the hard disk turns off.  The message appears after the computer is started again, and I then click on an individual's name in RM7. Also, RM7 will not shut down - I need to do so via Task Manager, and then restart the computer to remove the problem.  The RM7 database is not corrupt. I have noticed similar issues with other software, such as File Manager and Excel.  I suspect that this problem started after a Windows 10 update.  My current solution is to not let the hard disk turn off. Other ideas are welcome.

#80394 Lists not printing

Posted by Pheney on 08 August 2016 - 08:10 PM in Discussion

I have just answered my own question - turn off the PC, and start it again - and lists now print!  Clearly a Windows 10 issue, as it has also disabled my Epson scanner.

#80393 Lists not printing

Posted by Pheney on 08 August 2016 - 08:02 PM in Discussion

In Rootsmagic 7.2.1.0, I cannot print from any of the categories in the List menu - I get the message 'There is no default printer'.  This started today, just after a major Windows 10 update.  Is this just a coincidence?