Fred B's Content

There have been 4 items by Fred B (Search limited from 01-March 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#56566 Some media does not show thumbnail

Posted by Fred B on 25 February 2013 - 03:47 PM in iPad / iPhone / iPod

Thanks very much, to all who have helped. The issue was fixed by Renee's tip of media gallery.

The original file was a GEDCOM import, that contained the path to the images. The thumbnails in the Rootmagic program always showed, but in the app they only showed AFTER I used media.gallery.

#56220 Some media does not show thumbnail

Posted by Fred B on 10 February 2013 - 12:01 PM in iPad / iPhone / iPod

I successfully installed the WONDERFUL app for my Rootsmagic 6.0.
I took the rmgc file and moved it to the phone and it opened FINE.

Minor issue that I am not sure I know the cause, though. Some of the image thumbnails that show in rootsmagic as default for a person, do not display. The description is there, but not all thumbnails show. I am attaching a printout of the Media view from the app. (Questions below image)

Posted Image

1. Is there a limit to the size, type, etc. of the file that will make a thumbnail in version 6.0?
2. I have some broken image links in my original RM DB. Is there a limit to the # of broken links before the app "gives up" making thumbs??
3. Is this already known and maybe fixed in Version 2.0 of the app?

#50070 Broken image link report

Posted by Fred B on 26 March 2012 - 06:55 AM in Discussion

Thanks Laura...

For my database, that report is 56 pages long.

I guess I am looking for help in reducing or limiting (a Custom Report?) so only "NOT FOUND" multimedia items are included, without the need to exit the program.

Again, thank you for your comments.

#50068 Broken image link report

Posted by Fred B on 26 March 2012 - 05:44 AM in Discussion

Does anyone know how I can create/QUERY a report that will generate a list of all images that have BROKEN LINKS.
I had to rename some folders and now people may have missing images and this is scattered across the data.
I would like to see the PERSON and ID, as well as the broken image name/location assigned.
Thank you for any help you can give.