FamHx's Content

There have been 3 items by FamHx (Search limited from 24-August 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#33184 Creating Custom Reports

Posted by FamHx on 01 February 2010 - 02:22 PM in RootsMagic 3

Thanks, Alfred. I've written reports in a multitude of applications and programming languages, but I've never seen a report tool with no instructions or hints before. :lol: I can probably figure out breaks and grouping, if I can just get out of the header section! Since my first effort is just for information for my own uses, not for publication, I didn't really care what shows up in the header.

Janis

When you choose a field, it is dropped in the header section. There, in the reports it will list the name of the field, such as "Birth date". You can leave it there but, if you want it in the body place the mouse cursor on the field and press the left button and drag it down into the body of the report.

You can select the same field twice, once for a header and once for the body of your report.
BUT, it won't do any good to place the field in the body several times to get several listings of a field, such as census, which a person may have multiple facts. It will only lists the first one multiple times. (the same for spouse, only one listed)

#33183 Creating Custom Reports

Posted by FamHx on 01 February 2010 - 02:16 PM in RootsMagic 3

When you choose a field, it is dropped in the header section. There, in the reports it will list the name of the field, such as "Birth date". You can leave it there but, if you want it in the body place the mouse cursor on the field and press the left button and drag it down into the body of the report.

You can select the same field twice, once for a header and once for the body of your report.
BUT, it won't do any good to place the field in the body several times to get several listings of a field, such as census, which a person may have multiple facts. It will only lists the first one multiple times. (the same for spouse, only one listed)

#33175 Creating Custom Reports

Posted by FamHx on 01 February 2010 - 10:00 AM in RootsMagic 3

When creating a custom report, how does one move from the header section to the detail line section? :blink: