PJG's Content

There have been 5 items by PJG (Search limited from 21-September 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#29057 Death Certificate Source Details

Posted by PJG on 14 August 2009 - 06:18 PM in Discussion

Yes, the source asks for the name of the person on the death certificate. I guess I would prefer if it remained every time it was referenced, since the name does not change. But I see now how the memorize button works.

Thanks.

#29054 Death Certificate Source Details

Posted by PJG on 14 August 2009 - 05:15 PM in Discussion

Why do the death certificate source details not appear every time it is referenced? If it's a persons death certificate - those details remain the same every time it is referenced.........

#28871 Individual Scrapbooks within Book Publisher

Posted by PJG on 08 August 2009 - 06:54 PM in Issues

When adding individual persons scrapbooks to the Book Publisher, the [Person] comes up with the "highlighted" person and not the person whose scrapbook is selected. I know you can change the Chapter Title's individually, but this should be automatic.........as with the pedigree charts and other functions.

#28870 Isolation of Family Members for Export

Posted by PJG on 08 August 2009 - 06:44 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

You can select several groups for GEDCOM file export.

For instance you want all of your Grandparents ancestors and descendants.

Highlight a child of your grandparents:
Mark people, Ancestors and children

Then highlight one of the grandparents:
Mark people, descendants and spouses

There is a selection for all colateral lines, but if there is any other link between the ancestors or descendants and the rest of the database you get the whole database.
That link can be quite remote, an inlaw or an cousin or something.

How do you "Mark" people? I don't see that option anywhere. From which window are you highlighting?

#28823 Isolation of Family Members for Export

Posted by PJG on 07 August 2009 - 11:32 AM in RootsMagic Wish List

In sharing data it would be nice to be able to isolate family members so that when sharing data with others, they can receive only what is necessary.

To do this you should be able to select a person and then have options for ancestors, descendants, or both. You should also be able to check a box for immediate family members or extended family members.

I have shared information with a great grand parent relative, and have created a new file, then deleted the various other great grand relatives to export to a gedcom file. This should be a relatively easy and useful addition to the database.

Cheers