wardie's Content

There have been 5 items by wardie (Search limited from 24-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28223 Tutorial Videos and files

Posted by wardie on 19 July 2009 - 03:38 AM in Discussion

QUOTE(Romer @ Jul 18 2009, 10:36 PM) View Post

Thank you for all your help in getting me started
Wardie

#28222 Saving the data

Posted by wardie on 19 July 2009 - 03:36 AM in Issues

QUOTE(Laura @ Jul 19 2009, 01:26 AM) View Post

How are you closing a screen?

Clicking the OK button on any screen saves the entry.

Clicking on the red X or the Cancel button does not save the entry.

In addition, on the Edit person screen there is a Save button when entering the fact date, place, place detail, and description.

Entrys on the main screen are also saved when the Edit person screen is closed with the Close button.

Laura

#28201 Tutorial Videos and files

Posted by wardie on 18 July 2009 - 05:03 AM in Discussion

I am using RootsMagic for the first time and I see that there are some video tutorials for V4 on Youtube,
are there plans to add any to the Rootsmagic web-site so that they are in one place.

I have imported a Gedcom file from my old software and I am now adding the media etc for one family at a time.
Would like to know how the scrapbook works and report writing so that I can see how the entered details look on a printed page. I want to get them to look consistent.

Thanks, a good software package which will need investigating further.

Wardie

#28199 Saving the data

Posted by wardie on 18 July 2009 - 04:07 AM in Issues

A little niggle is that when I entered all my source/notes/media information (to one individual) all in one session it seemed that only some of it had been saved.
I think that closing the current window (Notes) that I was working on and opening another (Sources) and then the (Media) window caused all the text within the (Notes) window and (Sources) window to be lost. I only had the last window's information saved.

I now save these individually and close ALL windows to get back to my starting person before selecting a new button (Notes), (Sources), (Media)

I am new to Roots Magic so it could be finger trouble at my end but I was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem.

Wardie

#28198 Removing item from Media Album hangs system

Posted by wardie on 18 July 2009 - 03:34 AM in Issues

I have this problem if the link within the media properties is not correct.

I am new to the Roots Magic software and so I am trying to find the best way to link the My Media files to my family groups. I started with a single folder but then moved the folder position and added sub folders. I thought I had re-linked all my media files but I have found that I get the 'out of memory' message if I try to remove an item where the link is not correct. The media shown on the left pane shows the 'broken link' icon. (You can check this out by selecting the media button).

Once I sorted this out so that I did not see the broken link icon everything is OK.

Wardie