lostinbrave's Content

There have been 4 items by lostinbrave (Search limited from 08-July 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#58883 RM6 and Windows7

Posted by lostinbrave on 14 July 2013 - 09:59 PM in Discussion

Which files are you looking for, do I presume the data files ?

Either way go into Windows Explorer, click on the root of the HDD (c:) and then in the box top right enter .rmg or whatever you want to search for. It may take a while first time but it will show you the files and locations.

No it is the program files, I believe.

I have a new computer with Windows7 but I can't find my RM6 files. Any suggestions as to where to look? OR, is there a way to download RM6 again? I have my backup files on a flash drive. Thanks

Yes the download is located here:
http://www.rootsmagi...ic/default.aspx
It is the same you just need to put your Registration key in. If you do not know where that is check your email. Hopefully you have not deleted the email with it. If not hopefully you have registered with RootsMagic and they can recover your key for you.

#58722 Live Setting for LDS Baptism not working

Posted by lostinbrave on 07 July 2013 - 05:30 PM in Issues

I recently download information on my wife's genealogy from Familysearch FamilyTree and as I have been going through and checking the information and cleaning up the place list I ran into an interesting situation. There was a person who was Baptized while living and in the temple section it lists the place of live. So I went and changed it to be live and removed the place well i click save and then move to something else and come back and it shows up no longer as being live. If I place a place in there it will save that it was live but I have no information on it so i want to leave it blank.

If needed I can submit a bug report. detailing the information.

#58546 Size of website?

Posted by lostinbrave on 29 June 2013 - 07:32 PM in Discussion

Limited to 2 websites per account, 50 MB max per website, including images. It is the total size of all files under the local folder where you create the website files before they are uploaded.

Well If I included my entire database then I would need 3 websites worth of space just for the RM File I think I would need to clean it up if I decide to do it all.

#57745 Linux version of RootsMagic

Posted by lostinbrave on 01 May 2013 - 07:04 PM in RootsMagic Wish List

We have committed to making a Mac version of RootsMagic. No decision has been made on a Linux version of RM at this time.

That is fine I talked to Bruce about it a while back and he said he would think about it. With all the work for mac and android Linux would not be to much more work, i think.

Great product thanks for all the hard work.